View Single Post
Old 2006-05-08, 11:02 PM

Question Please help me, I'm new here

Hello everybody,

I'm new to The Traders Den and also to BitTorrent. I've been using BitTorrent 4.4.1 on my Mac Mini for a few days now. I've found a number of sites with torrents I'm looking for. This site has the best content I've found so far. I'd love to get some of it, but I can't figure out how to do so. With every torrent from other sites, I've clicked on the torrent and the BitTorrent program opens a new slot on its window and begins downloading and uploading. I've tried to do that in many different ways on torrents from this site, but when I click on the torrent link, it opens as a bunch of gobbledygook in a new tab in my browser.

How do I get the torrent to start?
Does BitTorrent 4.4.1 work with links from this site?
I've also downloaded Tomato Torrent. Will that work better?
Can I run two BT programs simultaneously?
Can I resume stopped torrents with a different client than I started them with?

I'm not very computer literate, but I'm not dumb. I've been it able to figure out how to make BT work on other sites and I'm sure there's some obvious trick to making that happen here that's somehow eluding me. Can someone help steer me in the right direction?
BTW, I know about ratios and etiquette. I don't know how to find out my exact ratio yet (perhaps another client will do that for me), but so far according to the info BitTorrent does show I've uploaded about twice as much as I've downloaded. I pledge not to be a pig!
FWIW, my so-so DSL connection does about 2400kbps down and 400kbps up; and I searched all over this site before posting this question.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes