View Single Post
Old 2007-03-16, 01:54 AM
sticky packer, icky stacker

another hippie needing help with ports/router

So, I know you guys must get tired of this but I can not figure out my router/ports. I truly appreciate any help. I have been to portforward.com and followed the instructions. Still, no luck.
My up/down speeds are capped at 40kBs. I'm on a Mac. I'm in N.Cali and have an ATT/SBC Yahoo acct. which is slow (due to my area). I'm using the router I got with the ISP deal. It is a Gateway 2Wire 2701HG-B. I was using Xtorrent originally (free, super-simple, nice Mac interface) but have switched to Azerus. Like I said, I followed all the instructions @portforward and am still stuck at 40kBS .
Also, I have my firewall settings off but I notice (when I visit here) that I'm listed as firewalled.....but, not all the time Maybe about half the time. I know thist probably sounds screwed up and I realize hat I could be missing something along the way.
I truly appreciate this scene and wish to participate at an acceptable level. I don't want to be a leech. I don't want to have lame ratios and it's so hard to be passing on some of the shows because I can't I can't keep up. So again, thanks for any help with this.

namaste,
Jalew
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes