View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 11:40 AM

Re: Speeds negligible with BT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
As suggested, do a real bandwidth test and tell us what the results say. (just google Cable Bandwidth Test). Run it a couple of times to make sure the results are consistent.

I have a link in my sig about forwarding ports throught the XP firewall. However, it may be best to simply disable it while trying to figure this out. You may have to restart your computer after you disable it.

Regarding only seeing 50 seeds out of 300, that is typical. There is a setting in bt that tells how many people you are willing to connect to per torrent. Other people have that same setting. I think for Azureus, my default is 80 per torrent (under Options > Transfer) and 400 for all torrents open. So, if there were 150 leechers on a torrent I was seeding, I could only connect to 80 of them at max.

NAT check: http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl Or, stop all your torrents in Azureus, quit and then start the application again. Before starting any torrents, go to the Configuration Wizard and a couple steps in it will test your port for you.
As above, my bandwidth test indicated 2.8 megabits per second. I ran it again to get some consistency like you suggested, and it is just about 2.8. Maybe 2.76 if you want to be specific.
I disabled my firewall last night, restarted, and that's when I was able to get speeds as high as 6kb.
I understand not seeing every seed. That wasn't the point of me saying I could only see 50 of 200. The point was that the torrent was very active, that I could see plenty of seeds, but I was still getting negligible speed.
Thanks again for help!

sadu, I'll go to trendmicro and scan right now. I also use pandasoft from time to time. I don't use Norton or Mcafee, as I can't stand how they junk up the system. So yes, I'll definately do this post haste. I just built this computer on freshly formatted drives, and the problem existed immediately. But it's a good idea for a scan now anyway, so that's what I'll do.

Thanks!! Eventually something will click and the problem will disappear! Thanks for the suggestions everyone!