View Single Post
Old 2005-08-09, 07:48 PM
wk1

Lightbulb Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

i don't understand alot about what is bothering any original tapers. bootlegs were around alot longer than bit torrents. bootlegs are going to be around untill there are no people left on earth. to think about being the bootleg police is the same kind of mission the usa took on in viet nam and iraq... you ain't gonna win.
holding out on making new torrents of shows that are currently available to purchase as bootlegs is like buying the guns for the enemy. i'm sorry but i cannont see this any other way. if you are concerned with your recordings getting sold, then create a new torrent. this is the only way i can see as a way of fighting the bootlegers (or send it to somone who will IE: the firm new orleans 1986, i sent it to a fellow den trader, and now it's out there, along with whatever bootleg is for sale i had only heard about).
people have done hard time in this country for selling bootlegs, music, movies. have any of the original tapers 'ratted out' any of the salesmen who are selling these recordings of concern?
why not dangle a carrot show (a fake live show) , get a bootleger to take the bait, then rat him out the the riaa!
this is my biggest concern. if they say the safest place for a criminal to hide is at the police station, where is the safest place for the bootlegger to hide?
no my friendly tapers who are concerned about your recordings ending up as bootlegs, i don't see your point. the more rare a show is , the more price the bootlegger will ask and get it. as long as you don't allow for any of these shows to see there way thru the bit torrent system, then you can bet your sweet ass that the bootleg of said show will continue to be sold.
that's life, if it aint one thing, it's anohter. but the only way to beat the bootleggers is to get as many copies out there as possible. i really really don't understand you guys sitting there, looking at a bootleg for sale, saying to yourself what? 'i'll show them, i'll never dig that original tape up ever' and what do you accomplish by doing so? your keeping the bootlegger in business... oipen up your eyes and see the big picture... not just you sitting in a room with some magazine open looking at some ad for 'bootlegs for sale' if you don't like it (bootlegging) then do something about it... make the bootleg worthless, your the only person that can do that. the person buying the unknown gen bootleg would not have had to do that if a better trade copy existed or a torrent was available
wennykelly1
wk1
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes