View Single Post
Old 2020-04-22, 12:49 PM

Re: Bad Trader: Tripkore - Robert Zimmerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesanic View Post
Here's my experience with Tripkore:

A few years ago, he had set up a deal on a forum that I can't remember, to transfer a whole load of tapes he had acquired from tapers. I took part for a couple Deftones transfers. I had no clue who he was, lots of people seemed to trust him, so I decided to go with it.

If I remember well, he took months to deliver communication. When he did, he said he would use a ftp server and he would update the server. To which cadence and how to keep track, he didn't say. It took him a couple extra months to give some more communication, which was vague as well.

Given how inconsistent his communication was, how long it took, and how other things happened which made me forget about it all, I stopped checking the forum/server as regularly as I did, and I ended up missing on one or two Deftones recordings out of the 4 or 5 I had paid for. I confronted him with the situation. I may have been aggressive, I'm not sure about that. However, he didn't care. He used the same old "stop whining" stance like claiming what you paid for is something you're not entitled to do. In any legal purchase, a customer is entitled to claim what he's paid for. A provider can expect to be sued if they fail to deliver or, in that case, refund.

Since bootlegs are borderline illegal, he probably plays on that. Let's just say I wasn't happy with the deal at all.

More recently, I took part in a deal for a bunch of Glassjaw masters through a connection. I didn't want to deal with him directly anymore, and as he had a lot of material I was interested in, I decided to go that way. Again, it took him months to deliver. I heard he had a massive amount of tapes and he had a complicating hardware issue, so I understood. But he did deliver eventually, with the exception of one master that I'm still waiting for.

I'm definitely mixed. If you want to deal with Tripkore, make sure you know what you're getting into. You may be satisfied, or not. Apparently it depends on a lot of things.
He ripped tons of people in this deal. I know about it.

I got a few Glassjaw tapes if you want. I dont care.. I will SEED all dvds from this tripkore deal for free to everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmD...grroNNmerBUT0w