View Single Post
Old 2013-10-11, 01:11 PM
Bugs

Re: What's with Hungercity again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun_moon View Post
Are there actually any estimates as to how much money this guy ripped off of the members of HC? I stopped using it years ago, something about the way the site owner communicated and interacted with users smelled very fishy.
I think there are a handful of people who have an idea of how much money he took in during the shutdown before the most recent one. Since Shareef did not credit the donors, many donors wrote to staff to ask for their credit and, based on that (from what I understand) they were able to piece together a figure that was far more than Shareef alleged he had received but that, also, was likely less than the actual funds that he took in (since not everyone would have written in to ask for compensation and since it is possible that Shareef may have compensated some of them).

I have seen some figures and estimates, but I do not feel comfortable disseminating them here since my knowledge of the situation is indirect and because my memory has been muddled by drugs and alcohol.

I will go on record as writing that former staff members have claimed that enough money was taken in during the summer shutdown (the one before the last) to pay for the server bill for months in advance, and that, give the amount of money taken in during that shutdown, there was no reason that another shutdown should have happened again this soon (or ever).
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes