View Single Post
Old 2008-03-25, 10:03 PM
Tubular

Re: Problems burning dual layer DVDs

I just tried playing a couple of DL discs I burned with Nero a few months ago in DVD-ROM UDF/ISO mode with Nero burning ROM. They played fine in a Denon player but wouldn't play in an XBOX 360. There are three main options for UDF: automatic, manual, and XBOX compatibilty mode. In the manual mode, there are these options: physical partition, virtual partition, and sparable partition. Then there are different versions of UDF that can be used: 1.02, 1.50, 2.00, 2.01, 2.50, 2.60. Which one should I use? Which one does ONES use? In ONES' data mastering mode, the mode that I usually burn all my DVD-videos with, it uses ISO + UDF but doesn't say the specific version of UDF that it uses (all my discs play fine in several different players using this). Since I've never had problems with Nero burning DL discs (other than changing .IFO and .BUP files in crappy Express mode), I think I'll try that again. I just updated to ONES v2.1.358, so maybe I'll try that again too. Thanks for the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltman
There are just as many posts with people that are using failing DVD burners (this one happens to be sketchy to begin with) that have problems burning DVD5s. troll somewhere else.
My Lite On isn't that great of a drive? What slim type internal drive would you recommend? I can't seem to find a Plextor slim type on Newegg or Tigerdirect. One thing that really sucks about this particular Lite On is that the CD read speeds SUCK. I can only read CDs at about 1.00X - 2.00X, so if I want to rip a CD it takes fucking forever.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes