View Single Post
Old 2006-03-18, 11:57 AM
dare to discover

Re: a newbie needs help

Yes, it will skip frames or double some up depending on whether the video is faster or slower than the audio, but that's better than having it out of sync. Just play it back and check it out. Also, use frames where there's not much movement to make it less noticeable.

Alternatively, you should be able to change the video speed. I don't know how Vegas works, but if you can do this give it shot since it won't take long... I would find a sync point at the beginning and a sync point at the end. As close to both as possible. Then if Vegas allows you to do a "fit to fill" type thing where you tell it how many seconds/frames you have of video and how many seconds/frames it needs to fill it may be able to adjust the speed to fit the whole thing. You know what I mean? Where you say I have a piece this long and I need it to fit in this section. It can usually either be done my actual amounts entered in or by having in and out marks on both the source and the destination.

You'll have to spot check it to see if it did a good job. If not, you'll have to manually delete/double up frames where necessary. I would think if you can do a "fit to fill" thing it should be pretty good if both the video and audio were running without stopping the whole time and the sync is a constant drift. If either the camera or the audio recorder were stopped at any time you definitely have to do it manually.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes