View Single Post
Old 2023-03-16, 01:46 PM

Question Headless linux - torrent client

Hi All,
I have built a linux NAS box, ubuntu server 22.0, but I'm having one hell of a time actually sharing files. The software I found with the best web UI was qbittorrent-nox 4.5.2.

First off - canyouseeme shows my port is open.

When people from this site try to connect to torrents I'm hosting, nothing is ever downloaded. I've verified read/write access for the software, I can inventory a torrent fine. I am also having problems sharing on the similar site named after spare change.

I downloaded the ubuntu server torrent and verified others are able to connect to my system and download.

I need to run the torrent client on my NAS because when running on a windows system but saving to my NAS I get random errors which cause me to have to re-check the torrent and re-enable. It's a pain and not really fair to those downloading either. I googled that problem and the answer was to run the client directly on the NAS.

That leaves me where I'm at now. The client works, it starts, I can share a linux distro torrent, but I can't seem to share anything to users of this site. I'm suspecting some incompatibility with qbittorrent-nox.

Is anyone else out there running a torrent client on a headless system? Something other than transmission (I tried that and the UI was baaaad). Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
Fox

Last edited by foxmanb; 2023-03-16 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes