View Single Post
Old 2005-11-21, 12:43 PM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP

Re: So I bought a minDV

Quote:
Originally Posted by quibbs0
I got a DCR-HC30 (Sony MiniDV)....it's pretty awesome but I haven't got to tape any shows with it yet.

I keep coming back to the same questions...How the hell do you set up a tripod and leave it "up there" for hours without anybody noticing?
just act like you know what your doing and pretend that you're supposed to be there taping...having confidence goes a long way...if you act like you're doing something wrong, then people will think that you're doing something you're not supposed to be doing...if you act like you own the place and that you're meant to be there taping, then others think that you're supposed to be there...
the only people that really care anyway are the bands managers/staff, so avoid them...the venue staff usually don't care because they only make minimum wages or slightly more anyway...it helps greatly to have a "crew" of 2-5 peeps that can help stand around and block you from being in sight of anyone "important"...scope out the venue and let 'er rip!
The worst that can happen is that they make you leave the venue. Usually if caught (though I've never *actually* been busted--yet) they just make you turn off your camera and you can stay...never let anyone take your camera or tapes from you--they do not have the right to do that...as far as I know, taping is not against the law, it's just sometimes not allowed

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes