Thread: DVD audio
View Single Post
Old 2005-10-20, 06:21 AM

Re: DVD audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmar
On the subject of MLP....

I just recently purchased this encoder.....let me say that it kicks ass.....I've been taking many of my CD's, and ripping them then encoding them with MLP.....even though they are only 2channel 16bit/44.1 files, it is VERY nice to be able to put roughly 14hrs of music onto one disc in this fashion.....roughly 65hours of music in my changer at one time.....it's pretty nice to be able to do.....

The other nice advantage of having the MLP for DVD-A is for when I take the time to mix 2 sources into surround. I can afford to put about 2 shows per disc this way.....which is also pretty nice.......

The encoder is very simple to use, and it has the same basic interface as the DTS encoders out there.....The one I got is made by SurCode, so I think that's Minnetonka?....anyways, yes Dolby is involved with it, and it sucks that they charge so much for the damn thing.....now if we could only develop something opensource that does the same thing
Let's see 14 hrs per DVD and my 200 disc jukebox... over 115 days of continuous music. Might just be worth it since my entire commercial CD collection would fill less than 1/2 the jukebox leaving room for 70 days of live music.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenberry
anybody else who decides to call me a fuckhead troll newbie (you know who you are) should be made to listen to phish bootleg taped by a '73 led zeppelin taper
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes