View Single Post
Old 2009-03-16, 08:36 PM
crumpet-stuffer
TTD Staff

Re: question about new seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtindica View Post
hi. this will be my first 'new' upload. I have looked around the site and can't seem to find the answers i need. If someone could kyndly point me the right direction, i'll happily be on my way. Thank You Kyndly.

~ can i use a set of files from another torrent site as long as it follows the guidelines here, and give credit to the original folks I downloaded it from? ... i guess i'm questioning the moral of using someone else's torrent files... I want to share- of course- but is it as simple as downloading from another site and simply changing the tracker to be able to upload here? am i crossing a line somehow? I've been trading for--ever, but i'm still a noob to the etiquette of .torrents, and i don't wish to step on toes. And would a lineage something like this ...small handheld recorder > ? > WAV > flac... be acceptable? (i'm guessing not.)

Thank you again for any and all help you may have. Namaste.
You can post stuff here you get from somewhere else.

Following the policy / guidelines re: lineage, checksums, not lossy, etc, is required. See links in my sig and read the seeding policy, well, befroe seeding it will answer nearly all questions you may have about seeding and what is acceptable.

'recorder' > ? > WAV > FLAC is pretty iffy and sounds like a guess. If you don't have the lineage of a recording, please ask a mod about it (mod list: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showgroups.php ) and provide everything you DO know about the audio / video's journey from recorder to your computer. The lineage needs to be 100% accurate and should contain no assumptions. The purpose of our lineage policy here is to help assure that the audio has not been degraded through lossy encoding at any point before it gets here.

Thanks for asking first, and welcome to TDD!