Old 2023-07-29, 09:48 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff

Re: Stream captured live music video webcasts are allowed

Include these search terms for highest quality stream captures:
"1080i"
"FEED" "1080i"
"FEED"
Determine releasers known to post live music gigs and include their name as a search term.

A lot of video uploaders on other sites post dumb blend deinterlaced progressive video and give zero details of their process. Mostly it's ignorance of the importance of proper deinterlacing and documenting steps taken. This typically kills any hope of getting detail and/or HFR out of the video.

The interlaced files you may find with the above search terms are almost always stream captures properly done. The FEED ones are high bitrate and very high quality. For whatever reason, Pro video folks still use interlaced video for their highest quality streams. Not an issue if you have a proper deinterlacer (we have at least 2) and it helps weed out the crap.

There is a massive amount of PRO 1080i and PRO 1080i FEED live gigs in existence. Only a small percentage get posted to the torrent sites as native streams or properly deinterlaced. Indeed, I seem to be the only one to ever document using QTGMC and the parameters I used...

Do a search like:
https://bt4gprx.com/search?q=1080i%20ilya2129&p=1

...and you'll quickly become frustrated that no one is seeding them and they were not posted to TTD. Some can be found with enough searching (you have the filename!). Please try to find ones not here and post them to TTD.

You can lossless remux them but it's not necessary. Don't bother with a setlist unless you've watched the video to verify the songs (just say "sorry, no setlist"). The original unrenamed .ts file and .md5 checksum are all you need to post.

I'm going to try to get the Moderators to understand that these PRO 1080i files from a known releaser have enough self-lineage- ie. the filename itself is sufficient lineage.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes