View Single Post
Old 2023-07-15, 12:02 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff

Re: processing notes for Guns N' Roses 2023-06-24 Glastonbury 2023 Festival, Pilton, UK (PRO 1080p50)

It's done and looks very good. It's sharp without applying any traditional sharpening. DPID is an amazing scaler when downsizing, producing an AI like detail enhancement. The video is 19.7GB and Bits/(Pixel*Frame) is 0.185.

the rest of the process:
Mux the original audio back in (gnrg2023_track2_eng_DELAY 12ms.aac).
I used MKVToolNik GUI 9.60 (this version was just before some major bugs were introduced; probably fixed now but I don't upgrade for upgrading's sake). Be sure to set Default duration to 50p and change the Default track flags to yes. Also set the audio language to English.

One point to note, the video was created with HDR.. which I don't like but changing that is days or weeks of tweaking (with Tweak) since I've not tried removing HDR before. I'll have to search and see if anyone created an un-HDR script. Anyone have experience with unHDRing?

The original 4K video would probably respond well to a TVEAI enhancement (staying at 4K, but sharper). I need to build a dual 3090 box.. but money is kind of tight at the moment. Perhaps next year.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes