View Single Post
Old 2023-01-28, 12:25 PM

Arrow Re: Error Message: "Upload of file failed" when uploading new torrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier242 View Post
I looked at you stats and you've posted ok before, so let figure out what is different with this video. What format is it? DVD? or MPG, MKV, AVI, MP4, TS? I presume you are able to play it ok.

What OS do you use? Some characters valid on Mac and Linux are not allowed on Windows, and I believe the torrent file checker looks for these. Path length should be 240 chars or less (Windows 7 can handle a max of 260 chars).

Is the TTD tracker announce address ok? Should be:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...r/announce.php

What torrent file creator did you use?
Hi Xavier

Thanks for the response.

To clarify matters, the failure occurs at the point of attaching the .torrent file to the webpage before uploading the whole to the site. See attached pic.

I'm using Windows 10. It's an .mkv file. Uploaded it to Lossless Legs without any problem. Path length is ok. Announce address is correct. I usually use TLH. Tried qBittorrent - same issue. Tried a different browser, even tried a different computer! I also tried attaching a different torrent file that I'd used successfully to upload a different show to TTD previously. Same problem. Obviously, if that had attached successfully, I would not have followed through by uploading the torrent as the .torrent file would have pointed to the wrong show. What DID work was attaching an .mp3 file or a .png.

I have since uploaded another HD show (Who Glastonbury) to TTD without issue.

It's a total mystery!
Attached Images
File Type: png Manage Attachments Issue.PNG
( 25.8 KB, 46 views)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes