View Single Post
Old 2022-11-12, 07:02 AM
Independent collector

Re: Session timeout changed to 80 hours, Who's Online turned off

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier242 View Post
The default was 900 seconds (15 minutes) before you are signed out automatically. I can't stand timeout settings this low and I suspect most users find it frustrating especially when creating a thread or composing a reply. I have changed it to 288000 seconds (80 hours).

The side effect is that this setting also controls the number of users shown in "Who's Online". I have disabled that list, which doesn't really add much value and is a drain on server resources.

There may be other issues related to this change which I'll deal with if they happen.

xavier242
Thanks Brad -
I hear ya about timeout situations. Where I work, the Incident/Problem/Change system times out after a too short period, leading to articulate descriptions and responses being reduced to terse versions of themselves, due to apathy caused by frustration.

However, the action here seems to have also disabled "Who's viewing this thread/topic/whatever", and perhaps the list of Admins and Mods as well? I may be mistaken about the list, but it seems like I can't find it now.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes