View Single Post
Old 2022-11-03, 08:04 PM
TTD Administrator
TTD Staff

Re: Why were these uploads flagged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrinus View Post
If something checks off both of these criteria, I am for it. I do not care about lineage. And, to my eyes, the .mkv versions of these videos look a lot better than the original VIDEO_TS versions.
Here's the lineage for your uploads:
Aerosmith 2012-09-22 Las Vegas, NV (PRO_HD)
Pro-shot video > ? > DVD-R (with individual data folders) > VIDEO_TS extracted via HandBrake 1.5.1 as 832p .mp4 > DivX Converter 10.8.9 > .mkv

Aerosmith 2012-11-05 Boston, MA (PRO_HD
Pro-shot video > ? > DVD-R (with individual data folders) > VIDEO_TS extracted via HandBrake 1.5.1 as 632p .mp4 > DivX Converter 10.8.9 > .mkv

Based on that, it shows you have done a LOSSY re-compression from a container having MPEG2 files to DivX. Lossy re-compressions are not allowed as they cause a quality loss.

Possible future exception:
Topaz VEAI and possibly other upscales and restorations will be allowed at some point in the future through a careful vetting process as to who is qualified. Maybe by next summer I'll have the process guidelines completed. It's very complex as only one version of VEAI with specific json mods (v2.3) works properly most of the time (some older versions also work ok with certain content). All versions after 2.3 produce oversharpened output.

I'll download one of your vids and take a peek with my eyes and Mediainfo.

Normally DVD is left as a VOB or converted to a MPEG2 MKV (a remux, which by definition is lossless). You can create one big VOB with DVD Decrypter.

xavier242
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes