View Single Post
Old 2022-10-01, 08:12 PM

Firewall false positive?

First, thank you in advance to everybody who takes the time to read this post. Out of respect for your time, I did already read through the FAQ page and other technical threads before posting this, but I am still at a loss so I am hoping someone can lend me a hand.

A show that I downloaded yesterday has not uploaded anything (literally O B) despite me leaving my computer online for the entire time and other people apparently downloading the show during this time frame. Given that, I would have expected to upload at least something. When I saw that it had not uploaded at all, I checked TTD and it says I am firewalled.

Following the directions in the FAQ section, I went to canyouseeme.org, which shows that the port I am using is not actually blocked. Moreover, I have two other torrents that I got from Dime today that have already uploaded enough that they have accumulated share ratios of 2.464 and 2.428.

Given all this, I am assuming that TTD saying I am firewalled is a false positive. Does that seem like the correct conclusion here? Assuming that is incorrect, does the false positive have anything to do with this TTD not uploading at all while the two Dime shows are uploading just fine, or is this just a huge coincidence?

Thanks again for your time and help.