PDA

View Full Version : Compilations that have official material

Rock10
2012-09-24, 07:01 PM
If I have a compilation of a band's tv appearances, but it is has material that's been officially released, is that allowed? Example, music videos broadcasted during shows or other clips?

GRC
2012-09-25, 02:13 PM
No. Edit the official material out, and upload the unofficial

Isn't there something in the FAQ about this? EDIT Yes, this would appear to make it clear...

"1. No official or out-of-print material is permitted.
To keep our site legal, we do not permit any official or out-of-print material to be seeded here."

Rock10
2012-09-25, 05:57 PM
No. Edit the official material out, and upload the unofficial

Isn't there something in the FAQ about this? EDIT Yes, this would appear to make it clear...

"1. No official or out-of-print material is permitted.
To keep our site legal, we do not permit any official or out-of-print material to be seeded here."

I thought I read that tv broadcasts are allowed if they aired the official material.

dcbullet
2012-09-25, 06:56 PM
Send a PM to the video mods with the exact detail. If there is a documentary and they show 30 seconds of a video, that would probably be allowed. That is just an example. That's why you need to provide the exact details.

vladsmythe
2012-09-26, 07:53 AM
I was thinking the same thing. An entire music video is a no-no. If for instance it's a Paul McCartney interview, and the program features a brief portion of of his new video for several seconds as context for the interview, that's allowed here. Same thing for documentaries as dcbullet stated. Just make sure you check the NAB list, and as I have have found - out of print video. It's not fun for the seeder, nor a moderator to pull an offending torrent.

I look forward to seeing what you share here! Thanks.