PDA

View Full Version : Flac File Creation and Uploading - AMATEUR

jdooly
2012-08-15, 03:20 PM
Hey Gang,

I've downloaded a ton of great stuff from here, and I'd like to share some crispy shows that I have collected over the years (that aren't on the band restriction list).

Unfortunately, my attempts to upload FLAC's have been unsuccessful. I have the Trader's Little Helper and saw where the ffp and md5 stuff is, but I'm a VISUAL person.

Is there anyone out there willing to make a screenshot or youtube video to show what to do step by step? I know it's a lot of work, but it will pay off for a lot of us that just can't figure out how to do it.

I have A LOT of Charlie Miller stuff that's just waiting to be uploaded on here from the Dead as well as a TON of Widespread Panic.

Sincerely,
Dooly
[email protected]

Homebrew101
2012-08-15, 03:26 PM
Sorry, no visual aids here, but it is pretty simple. I'm going from memory as I don't have TLH at work here so I hope this is right. You need an st5 file for here.

open traders little helper, click on 'create checksums', browse to the folder where your FLAC file for a given show are and select all FLACs, be sure you selected to create st5 and proceed (not sure what the option is called) and save your st5 in your folder for that showstI think that is all good luck :wave:

jdooly
2012-08-15, 03:26 PM
Here's a jpg of what it looks like:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=101849&stc=1&d=1345062358

jdooly
2012-08-15, 03:29 PM
Thanks Homebrew! You're fast! So no ffp is necessary?

Homebrew101
2012-08-15, 04:31 PM

no, read the guidelines here to see: http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17951

jabulon
2012-08-15, 04:33 PM
All seeds must include either st5 checksums or FLAC fingerprints.

jdooly
2012-08-15, 05:11 PM
thanks for the help....i'm working on it in the trader's little helper, and making the st5 files ok (at least i think i am), but can't figure out how to copy/paste the info on the upload page on the trader's den...........i'm sure this is due to a lack of sleep. :)

jdooly
2012-08-15, 05:25 PM
I think I figured it out with all of your help. GRACIAS! This Widespread Panic torrent better work or I'm gonna lose my mind. :clap:

jdooly
2012-08-15, 05:42 PM
Could you do me a favor and try to download it? you don't have to download the whole thing (if you don't like WSP), but if you can do at least one track, that would be great.

U2Lynne
2012-08-16, 08:47 AM
Several people have downloaded each of your shows, so I think you were successful. :)

trustthex
2012-08-17, 11:21 AM
You are posting altered filesets of circulating Grateful Dead shows. There is atleast one WSP set as well. Please stop.