PDA

View Full Version : transfer problem

elfactor
2012-08-06, 11:56 AM
Here's my problem,
I can't transfer the concert I taped this past week end. The transfer stops, as if the file was corrupted. I have an Iriver H340 (rockboxed). I usually transfer the wav file through usb 2.0, everything's fine. I tried to create an archive with winrar, but same problem, the progression of the archive stops at 18%. So, if anybody have an idea of how I can do that, please help! ;)
The file is a 920 MB wav file.
Maybe I can do like I used to do with my old MD recorder that had no usb. I play the recording on it and record it on the computer with audacity. Don't know if it's fine, or if I lose some quality like this...
Thanks in advance for your help!
Nick

co9ol
2012-08-06, 12:14 PM
Try the playback and record idea. If it plays everything back it's probably a computer problem. If it doesn't, it might be a problem with your Iriver. I used this technique to get audio off of a messed up mini disk. (It'd play back but not transfer).

Also try using a different computer, see if that helps.

elfactor
2012-08-06, 12:24 PM
oh yeah, I didn't even think to use the laptop. I will and let you know. Thanks !

lintoni
2012-08-08, 02:13 PM
If the Iriver is connected to the computer as a hard drive, can you open the file (from the Iriver before transferring it) in Audacity or another program? If so, you'll be able to save it to your hard disc from Audacity. Long shot...

elfactor
2012-08-10, 08:23 AM
thanks for your help guys, but none of this worked. The file really is corrupted and stops at the same point when I try to open it on the computer (audacity), to transfer it to the computer or even to play it through the Iriver itself. I think this one is lost for good, I'll keep it on the Iriver in case someone has an idea that can work...
Thanks