PDA

View Full Version : Proposal: Create a new section for uploading damaged recordings

chazuke
2005-07-24, 01:09 PM
Not a joke!
Why create a section for damaged recordings?
Some people have damaged recordings and some other people have the tools, skills and interest to fix them.

U2Lynne
2005-07-24, 02:24 PM
Well, there is nothing to say you can't post in the Snail Mail section about having some recordings that you would like to send out to someone to be fixed. I don't think we would want them widely circulated in their current condition like through BitTorrents methods. I'm thinking that not a whole lot of people have damaged recordings needing to be fixed, so a whole section for them wouldn't really be necessary. No?

Karst
2005-07-25, 07:18 AM
Also, what do you mean by damaged? If the recording originates from a TAO burned disc or one that has sector boundry errors it might not be a good idea to engage in remastering. Drop me a PM if you need more details.

guygee
2005-07-25, 08:40 AM
I think if it is a show that circulates you are better off requesting a seed or trying to trade for a better copy. If it a very rare or uncirculated show, I am sure though a post here you would find some well-qualified people with the right tools who would be interested in engaging in a private mail or ftp exchange and helping you remaster it (and subsequently seeding it here, of course ;) ).

AAR.oner
2005-07-25, 01:48 PM
^^^what guygee said...PM me with the recordings yer talking about, yer set-up specs, etc...

and aren't you the one with old jazz recordings chazuke? LET"S TALK :D

Five
2005-07-25, 07:47 PM
^^agreed!

Five
2005-07-25, 07:59 PM
oh, and as for a new forum for this just start threads of this type in TB or the tapers' forum and if we see enough of them we'll eventually start a forum.

AAR.oner
2005-07-25, 08:27 PM
oh, and as for a new forum for this just start threads of this type in TB or the tapers' forum and if we see enough of them we'll eventually start a forum.
agreed...i'd say the Tapers Forum would be wise...there's alot of tapers who have fairly high-end setups for transferring...

if you asked politely, and if it were something a particular taper might want to see surface, i'm sure people with rare recordings needing digitizing could find some help in the matter...

and seriously chazuke, PM me...:cool:

chazuke
2005-07-28, 10:33 AM
^^^what guygee said...PM me with the recordings yer talking about, yer set-up specs, etc...

and aren't you the one with old jazz recordings chazuke? LET"S TALK :DNot old jazz recordings. My specialty is anything Laswell, Buckethead, Hellborg & Lane, Jah Wobble and such. So, no ... I'm actually a lot more into contemporary stuff ...

My damaged recordings are all Hellborg & Lane related. Got them from various sources but came across bad dig.noise and all sorts of hickups on mostly all of them no matter where from. I suspect that a multiplicator/trader spread some tainted stuff. The actual sources must be perfectly clean. At this point, I don't know what to do and what's more work: Get back and replace all the contaminated stuff or clean up what's here.

My thought was that some folks out there would be quite happy to fix and repair these HLS shows for all of us.

For your info, my list:
http://www.mangfall.privat.t-online.de

Evenreven
2005-07-28, 10:43 AM
Jah Wobble? Nice! Seed some!

AAR.oner
2005-07-28, 10:56 AM
Laswell :eek: :clap: one of the few artists i love but have no recordings of [other than one or two]...unfamiliar with Hellborg & Lane, but PM me...i can give ya some recommendations

retired
2005-07-28, 11:03 AM
If u like 'shredding guitar' at all...u NEED to check out some Shawn Lane!

AAR.oner
2005-07-28, 11:13 AM

chazuke
2005-07-29, 05:54 PM
Laswell :eek: :clap: one of the few artists i love but have no recordings of [other than one or two]...unfamiliar with Hellborg & Lane, but PM me...i can give ya some recommendations
Then you may be interested in Charged at dimeadozen.

http://www.mangfall.privat.t-online.de

chazuke
2005-07-29, 05:55 PM
Yes. Could you please seed some? Fredman's/Malmö would be top of my wants.