PDA

View Full Version : dvd creation question?

snakesman
2012-05-07, 05:19 PM
hey folks, i've started making some dvds of old concert footage i have. I have an idea, i dont know if its possible. Maybe someone could help

for the chapter points i am using SONY VEGAS 8.02
for the menu's i am using SONY DVD ARCHITECT 4

what i want to do is put my own ident movie on the dvd before the main menu. I know you can do this in nero 9 but i think that is a bit to basic for what i want.

Is it possible with these software packages. If so, any advice on how to do this would be appreciated

Unidecker
2012-05-07, 06:11 PM
make a menu and leave it blank just add a button and back menu to the main menu and you can put your ident info and whatever else you like about the video on it... read thru the Vegas help files aka tutorials in the app for more on doing so.

enjoy :)

xjsb125
2012-05-07, 10:39 PM
I'm not familiar with Architect, but if you can make your ident video, and set the end action as the main menu, that would work too.

snakesman
2012-05-08, 04:22 AM
thanks for your replies guys. I have posted the same question elsewhere and received the answer. Its really quite a simple operation.

co9ol
2012-05-08, 06:35 AM
If you want to do what I think you want to do the most professional way would be to make a new track/timeline or what ever it's called in your program. Set that to play first, then set the end function of that track to go to the main menu. I could tell you more specifics if you used adobe or apple stuff but you should be able to do the same thing in your program.