PDA

View Full Version : Genre of Torrents

dasmueller
2012-04-15, 07:23 PM
Has there ever been any talk of adding genre to an uploaded torrent ? Periodically there are some torrents of people many may not be familiar with. Having a genre as part of the post might induce more interest in those cases.

mdshrk1
2012-04-15, 08:05 PM
Not that I know of. Sounds like DIME to me....:wave:

dasmueller
2012-04-15, 09:12 PM
:wave:

jabulon
2012-04-16, 05:39 AM
That function is already available for uploaders. If people upload a show here, there is the opportunity to add tags like various genres (rock, pop etc). If you use the search function on top of the page you can search by tags. (but keep in mind that not all uploaders add these tags)

mdshrk1
2012-04-16, 07:23 AM
That function is already available for uploaders. If people upload a show here, there is the opportunity to add tags like various genres (rock, pop etc). If you use the search function on top of the page you can search by tags. (but keep in mind that not all uploaders add these tags)

I do.

U2Lynne
2012-04-16, 09:37 AM
Not just the uploaders may add those tags, they are listed at the bottom of the torrent thread and any user may click to add the tag.

rspencer
2012-04-16, 03:13 PM
We definitely don't want to do it as DIME does. That's just a big damn mess.
Lots of torrents under the wrong genre.
And I'm not talking about the subjective issues, like whether Deep Purple is rock or metal.
I'm talking about obvious problems, like The Cure is not Americana.

The tags work, and they're easily edited if need be.

vladsmythe
2012-10-19, 09:34 AM
We definitely don't want to do it as DIME does. That's just a big damn mess.
Lots of torrents under the wrong genre.
And I'm not talking about the subjective issues, like whether Deep Purple is rock or metal.
I'm talking about obvious problems, like The Cure is not Americana.

The tags work, and they're easily edited if need be.

I agree.