PDA

View Full Version : Not showing up as a seeder (nor as a leecher)

ianmacd
2012-03-14, 05:10 AM
I've just uploaded a new torrent and noted that I wasn't showing up as a seeder. I wasn't a leecher, either, so it wasn't that common beginner's problem.

I could tell I was actually seeding, though, because one user had already connected and was leeching from me.

I usually post on DIME, so I'd forgotten about the 10 seed maximum here. I checked my client and saw that I was now seeding 12 TTD torrents, so I paused the two most inactive and restarted the one I'd just uploaded.

Sure enough, I now showed up as a seeder in the list.

My question, then: How was I able to seed to the first user without being a registered seeder of the torrent? Is that because of DHT, by virtue of TTD torrents not being private?

If so, I have a follow-up question, but first thing's first. I want to grasp how that leecher was able to connect to me.

U2Lynne
2012-03-14, 10:01 AM
We simply don't track any more than 10 seeds. You are still able to see the tracker with the extra torrent, it's just that we don't keep track of you at all.

ianmacd
2012-03-14, 10:03 AM
We simply don't track any more than 10 seeds. You are still able to see the tracker with the extra torrent, it's just that we don't keep track of you at all.

I see, so presumably any data I upload from the 11th and higher torrents doesn't gain me any credit for my share ratio. Is that correct?

U2Lynne
2012-03-15, 09:39 AM
Yes, that is correct.