PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Trader: Damian K

neiltracy00
2012-01-05, 08:34 AM
Did one and only one trade with Damien Kaplita, poland , sent mine, he got them, he sent his, 2 did not play after start, mailed him and he was more interested that i transfer them to desktop and reburn rather than send replacements straight away which would have been nicer, i redid them using my own discs which was a pointless trade, he did sort of offer replacements but only as a last resort if they did not work, but i had to do all the work to get them to work !!, not very impressed sadly, he is not responding to my mails either. :(

stoner
2012-01-05, 04:40 PM
For the price of media these days, are you really that upset?? For goodness sakes you got your shows for the price of 2 cr-rs or dvd-r's.. Dam!

tonebloke
2012-01-05, 09:59 PM
For the price of media these days, are you really that upset?? For goodness sakes you got your shows for the price of 2 cr-rs or dvd-r's.. Dam!

It's the principle of the thing. All traders know "how" it works! I would have gone for the jugular over this.

stoner
2012-01-06, 06:28 AM
Principles, yea i understand principles.. But really what i want is i get what i traded for! ie the quality advertised!! Not lossy sound or Vcd quality video.. Now that would be over the line to me.. :peace:

tonebloke
2012-01-07, 02:33 AM
what i want is i get what i traded for! ie the quality advertised!! Not lossy sound or Vcd quality video

I agree totally!! :wave:

neiltracy00
2012-01-08, 04:30 AM
You do a trade, you should not have to put files to desktop and reburn using your own discs again, what is the point of the trade then, thats what the sender advised, i would have said bin them and i will resend new ones straight away, thats trading law (sort of) common decency to do that, he has still to respond, not that i want one.

antinea
2012-01-08, 06:16 AM
You do a trade, you should not have to put files to desktop and reburn using your own discs again, what is the point of the trade then, thats what the sender advised, i would have said bin them and i will resend new ones straight away, thats trading law (sort of) common decency to do that, he has still to respond, not that i want one.

+1 :thumbsup

AAR.oner
2012-01-08, 08:18 AM
Principles, yea i understand principles.. But really what i want is i get what i traded for! ie the quality advertised!! Not lossy sound or Vcd quality video.. Now that would be over the line to me.. :peace:

if a disc won't play and you have to copy the files to yer comp, there is an error occurring...and 99% of the time the files you copied to yer comp & re-burned copy will contain those errors -- leaving you with what?

NOT the quality advertised, AND yet another "version" of the show polluting the trading pool

this is why:
1) all shows [both audio & video] traded should include the original checksums it was seeded with, which should check out with no errors
2) any errors with a traded disc, whatever they may be, should be replaced with a clean copy by the person who traded it

this is trading 101 stuff...anything other than the above indicates either a new/uneducated trader, or a shitty trader that should be avoided

dummkopf
2012-01-09, 12:14 PM
What stoner said. As for the rest, pure check summed facepalm.

tmib
2012-01-10, 03:13 PM
I traded couple of times with him and all went without problem. I think he is a really good trader.

tgunn2760
2012-01-10, 07:50 PM
Did one and only one trade with Damien Kaplita, poland , sent mine, he got them, he sent his, 2 did not play after start, mailed him and he was more interested that i transfer them to desktop and reburn rather than send replacements straight away which would have been nicer, i redid them using my own discs which was a pointless trade, he did sort of offer replacements but only as a last resort if they did not work, but i had to do all the work to get them to work !!, not very impressed sadly, he is not responding to my mails either. :(

That could be a DVD-ROM problem. Did you try playing them on different ROMs/SA players?

I have had similar issues before. They are compatibility issues.
You can do like he said, rip them and burn them to another disc, and then trade the ones he sent you. If you can't rip them, then they contain errors and he should resend.

LeifH12345
2012-01-10, 08:20 PM

It's the principle of the thing. All traders know "how" it works! I would have gone for the jugular over this.

Yeah its the right thing to re-send.

Even if its something really rare -- the sender was going to give out a copy regardless. Aside from a couple bucks at the post office, you're not losing much.

neiltracy00
2012-01-11, 04:40 AM

so let me ask, if i sent you 30 dicsc and none of them worked and i said to you try the files on your desktop and reburn using your own discs and then not hear from me again, how would you feel ??, yeh the same as me, whether 2 discs or 32 a trade is a trade through to completion, if i sent one disc and was told it was not playable i would send another straight away without fail, thats what trading is about, if you think the way you posted here is correct and would do the same as the sender i had then you cant get many trades or have people wanting to trade with you, just saying

neiltracy00
2012-01-11, 04:43 AM
That could be a DVD-ROM problem. Did you try playing them on different ROMs/SA players?

I have had similar issues before. They are compatibility issues.
You can do like he said, rip them and burn them to another disc, and then trade the ones he sent you. If you can't rip them, then they contain errors and he should resend.

Yes i did, i tried my dvd player, blue ray player because as you know it plays dvd and my pc and they all did the same or similar, it was a bad disc, and was told to put files to drive and reburn.

tgunn2760
2012-01-11, 08:45 AM
Yes i did, i tried my dvd player, blue ray player because as you know it plays dvd and my pc and they all did the same or similar, it was a bad disc, and was told to put files to drive and reburn.

He should resend.

If they can't play, I assume they can't be ripped either.

AAR.oner
2012-01-11, 09:06 AM
a lot of times they can be ripped, however there will be errors and it will not be a duplicate of the original...leaving a "muddied" trading pool

just a fwiw

tgunn2760
2012-01-11, 10:48 PM
a lot of times they can be ripped, however there will be errors and it will not be a duplicate of the original...leaving a "muddied" trading pool

just a fwiw

There are so many people out there who have no clue of what they are doing, I am sure the pool is much more than just "muddied".

neiltracy00
2012-01-13, 03:03 PM
i have it on my drive at present so fingers crossed. cheers for the input lads, how are you doing mr gunn, old stranger from across the pond ?

tgunn2760
2012-01-13, 09:13 PM
i have it on my drive at present so fingers crossed. cheers for the input lads, how are you doing mr gunn, old stranger from across the pond ?

I'm freezing here. Hope you're keeping warmer.

If you managed to rip it then I guess it doesn't contain errors.

He owes you, maybe he can make up for it next trade. If there is a next trade.

neiltracy00
2012-01-14, 07:36 AM
YUP, we have had the worst gales i think in history, godawful weather, roll on scottish summer when we get warm rain !! typical !, take care old scout

aXeman93
2012-01-18, 02:28 PM
I don't know what happened between you. I traded with Damian more than once and there was no problem. He's a great trader in my opinion, but yes, in this case he should send the replacement.

cheerup
2012-01-18, 02:44 PM
I don't know what happened between you. I traded with Damian more than once and there was no problem. He's a great trader in my opinion, but yes, in this case he should send the replacement.

dito.

charli
2012-01-18, 07:53 PM
I traded many times with Damian without problem and when I needed a replacement copy he sent it.

efooo
2012-05-20, 11:51 AM
He is the first guy I ever traded in snail mail. I think that he is a decent trader.