PDA

View Full Version : Report all ratio issues here

Pages : [1] 2

Ted
2005-07-16, 12:44 PM
As you may know, we are still working on getting the tracker to update the stats for everyone. Please use this thread only for reporting problems relating to your stats/ratios.

Before posting here, you should go through the list and read each item.

1) Check to see that the torrents that are not updating are actually on our tracker. You can tell if they are not because the link to them will be to an external site such as Dime-A-Dozen or one of the other many boot sites out there. Our tracker does not keep track of torrents that are not on The Traders Den.

2) Check to see that the torrents that are not updating were posted on or after July 2, 2005. If the date of the first post in the thread is dated before that, they are on the old tracker and the old tracker is unable to keep track of stats.

3) Stop your torrents, close your BT client, open it again, and then restart your torrents. Pausing them will not work.

If after reading those above items, you think your stats are still incorrect then make a post here stating what they should be, according to your BT client and we will update them for you. Also, it is very important that you let us know which operating system you're using (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and which BT client AND version you are using. Some BT clients may not work well or may not work at all with the tracker. We need to know your information so that we can figure out which ones those are.

Before helping you further, we will assume you've followed the above instructions.

Remember - we DO NOT enforce a share ratio and do not plan on doing so in the future. We also do not use the stats/ratio information for any other purpose. They are only a by-product of installing the new tracker.

Also, please try to limit discussion in this thread to topics relating to your questions and problems. Your post may be deleted without notice if it is not a specific issue that you need help with.

guygee
2005-07-23, 08:30 PM
As you may know, we are still working on getting the tracker to update the stats for everyone. Please use this thread only for reporting problems relating to your stats/ratios.
(...)

2) Check to see that the torrents that are not updating were posted on or after July 2, 2005. If they are dated before that, they are on the old tracker and the new tracker does not keep track of those stats.

(...)

Before helping you further, we will assume you've followed the above instructions.

Remember - we DO NOT enforce a share ratio and do not plan on doing so in the future. We also do not use the stats/ratio information for any other purpose. They are only a by-product of installing the new tracker.

Also, please try to limit discussion in this thread to topics relating to your questions and problems.

Ted - I hope you consider this question "on topic". You say that "we DO NOT enforce a share ratio", yet I think it is a point of pride among traders, and the information is publicly viewable. I made the decision to sacrifice my upload on a couple of well-seeded shows on the new tracker and devote it to the "Jewels and Binoculars" Bob Dylan torrent on the old tracker (a "Holy Grail" set for Dylan collectors). It has been a seedless torrent off and on, but I have been on it for several days (with a couple of reboots) and my total stats to date are (ABC, Win XP SP2):

DL: 3.84 GB, UL: 7.54 GB, 88.6% Complete, 196.1% share, ETA 2d:11h:01m

Compare this to my publicly viewable stats: (1.96 GB/651.46 MB/0.32)

Question: Will the Mods consider updating stats taken from the old tracker (when the torrent participation is completed)?

If the answer is "NO!", I understand, as you probably have far more important things to do than to this, but just wondering?

Ted
2005-07-23, 09:26 PM
Ted - I hope you consider this question "on topic".

Question: Will the Mods consider updating stats taken from the old tracker (when the torrent participation is completed)?Yes, this is on topic ;)

The old tracker did not have the capability of keeping stats at all. The new tracker does, though that's not the reason we went with a new tracker. The stats are kind of a bonus that came with the installation of the new tracker. Because the old tracker did not keep stats, we cannot update everyone's account to reflect what they had with the old tracker. We will however, update the stats of those who provide them to us, as you have just done.

So without further ado, I'll go update yours right now... :)

ChrisF
2005-07-24, 10:27 AM
my stats are way off. so far i uploaded 23 GB on the 7/1/05 breakfast dvd and 2 GB on the 3/4/05 breakfast dvd audio and my total is 11.81 GB. why bother having the stats if the tracker cant even come close to keeping track correctly?

U2Lynne
2005-07-24, 10:38 AM
Did you Cancel/Stop your bt client to get them to show up?

And, we will be working on fixing the stats so they are more accurate, but we really needed to put this live in order to work out the kinks.

ChrisF
2005-07-24, 10:55 AM
Did you Cancel/Stop your bt client to get them to show up?

several times since i started seeding last week.

And, we will be working on fixing the stats so they are more accurate, but we really needed to put this live in order to work out the kinks.

makes sense. there is probably a lot more work involved than i am thinking.

U2Lynne
2005-07-24, 11:42 AM
Chris, I fixed your stats for you. I'd be interested to know which BT client you are using. It seems to update for you sometimes, but not others. Are you logging on from different locations?

As for the tracker and programming, I have to say it has been an interesting experience! This time last year I knew nothing about servers or trackers or programming in php! hehe

Thanks for your patience.

ChrisF
2005-07-24, 12:53 PM
i am using azureus, from one location.

occationally my computer will just automatically shut down on its own when i plug in a firewire device due to poor compatibility with my digidesign hardware and sp2. when that happens azureus is usually running. when i start it back up it tells me that azureus was not closed properly.

would that have anything to do with the problem?

U2Lynne
2005-07-24, 02:21 PM
Yes, I would guess that since it isn't closing properly, it isn't able to send the message to the tracker about how you are done, like a Cancel or Stop does.

RoddyPiper
2005-07-26, 12:30 AM
Could you please check my ratio. They must be wrong. I've uploaded more on the Green Day Live 8 DVD than the statistic says i uploaded completly.

Ted
2005-07-26, 01:13 AM
First, did you read the first post in this thread?

If so, then post what your stats should be, so we can adjust them for you. Otherwise we have no way of knowing how much you've uploaded/downloaded.

shnaholic
2005-07-26, 05:15 PM
hi all...been using bt 4.0.3 and my stats were updating regularly. i let my prog run all the time but the last few days i havent seen any increase in stuff taken or stuff shared. i grabbed the project object vid which is at least 6gb so i know my stats are wrong. i have also grabbed all the live 8 stuff from 4candles and have been sharing at 89kbps for the last 5 days(as well as the last few weeks). just curious but id like to show an adequate representation of what ive shared and grabbed so far. im sure ive shared at least 85gb by now, prolly more. thanx in advance, id hate to be labelled a taker.

U2Lynne
2005-07-26, 05:40 PM
Hey shnaholic, I've updated your stats. That's strange that it was working, but now it isn't. Remember though that only shows that are on the new tracker (since July 2) will update your stats (the project object show is on the old tracker).

shnaholic
2005-07-26, 05:45 PM
hey thanx....i am going to just seed stuff from live 8 for awhile and then ill check to see if the stats update regularly. thanx for the adjustment.

mountaindew
2005-07-26, 09:33 PM
I was on the torrent The Doors 1970-01-18 (Early + Late Shows) Felt Forum, New York City (FLAC), and had finished and was uploading to about a 3.5 ratio. I use Bittornado 0.3.8. Clicked "finish" as usual, and my stats weren't updated (after I checked back). After that, the next time I tried to view this site, I had been logged out. This has never happened before (although on my download, using Azureus 2.2.0.2, this tracker acknowledged only partial stats for some unknown reason. I'm not concerned about updating the stats so much as fixing this problem. TIA.

Ted
2005-07-26, 10:12 PM
mountaindew - The logging out part is probably due to clearing cookies/cache on your end or maybe it's just a glitch. I doubt BT had anything to do with it. If it happens continually though, let us know and we'll see if we can figure out what's causing it.

As for the partially updated stats, I'm not sure how that could happen. I just started using Azureus and only downloaded one show so far and it went very well - all stats were accurately recognized by the tracker. I've read about others getting only partial stats recognized and I'm wondering if it's not something to do with closing/reopening the client. I think I saw a setting in Azureus about how often to update the tracker. Maybe that was set to too long of a period and it hasn't updated the last part yet? Also, try right-clicking a torrent in your queue, then click on "Show Details", and then hit the "Update Tracker" button. Maybe that'll help.

As I get more experience with Azureus, I'll be better able to help.

Evenreven
2005-07-28, 10:15 AM
Damn! I have to cap my upload this summer - different ISP. I must have had a share ratio of 7:1 or thereabouts, and now when you start keeping stats I look like the worst leech around. Bummer.

I don't have any numbers for you, so I don't expect you to magically find my real share ratio, just wanted to bitch a little about the situation. :)

los diablos
2005-07-28, 10:25 AM
same thing of evenreven happened to me......since you start to report ratio i downloaded 1 only show with no leechers at all, so even if i left that open forever never increased my ratio......before i was around 0.70....

Ted
2005-07-28, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss of stats guys, and if you want them updated, please let us know what they should be and we'll be happy to do it for you.

I'm gonna have to insist though, that this thread only be used by those who want to report specific ratio issues that they wish to have resolved.

Keep in mind that any torrents created before July 2, 2005 are on the old tracker and it is impossible for us to know what your stats were up to that point.

Thank you for your cooperation :)

bvaz
2005-07-29, 07:51 PM
I am having several issues with my stats updating.
I generally use Azereus and once my D/L is completed, it seems like my stats update. But as I keep seeding and then hit the stop button, nothing is updated.
I tried switching applications to bittorrent and turbotorrent to seed after my D/L is complete and still no luck.
I know there is no enforcement right now, but is this something I can solve?

RicDeez
2005-07-29, 08:32 PM
Hello, I use ABC on w2k, I would like to send a jpg screenshot of my client. I just learned of this thread. Thanks

Ted
2005-07-29, 08:44 PM
bvaz - You said you hit the stop button, but did you start it again so AZ can make a connection with the tracker? You may have to wait for the tracker to update. I don't think it updates immediately - I think there is a cycle of some minutes.

Another thing to try: right-click the torrent in the queue and then click on details. One of those pages has a button that says something like "Update Tracker". Try that (you can do it while it's still downloading). Give the tracker time to update.

RicDeez - feel free to upload your .jpg image as an attachment with another post. Also, tell us what we're supposed to be looking for.

RicDeez
2005-08-01, 09:54 AM
ok, well i can send ya a jpg if you would like, it turned out to be a hassle to get the old tracker ones in the window....I will list below torrents from old tracker, upload size and download size. Some are not the full download size(and upload) since i stopped the torrents, trying to get the tracker to recognize them, but i would be happy to receive the credit for the ones i have proof for. Thanks

phish 1996-11-16dvd dl=8.72 ul=8.72
phish 1995-12-31.settwoandthree.dvdf dl=3.31 ul=3.31
phish 1995-12-31.dvdf dl=4.36 ul=4.36
phish 1997-08-11.dvdf dl=4.29 ul=4.4
phish 2003-12-02video_montage dl=2.08 ul=2.25
phish halloween 1998 dl=5.43 ul=6.01
phish 2000.dvdf dl=3.5 ul=4.31
phish.12.9.95.dosin.at.the.knick dl=4.22 ul=6.48
phish 1997-08-17.dvdf dl=10.23 ul=16.57
phish 1994-06-13.dvdf dl=4.36 ul=8.74
FUJIROCK dl=4.66 ul=18.49

dl=55.16 ul=83.64

U2Lynne
2005-08-01, 10:30 AM
The old tracker doesn't report stats which is why you aren't seeing any of them update your stuff. Only shows on the new tracker will update your stats.

RicDeez
2005-08-01, 12:33 PM
so does this mean that we will not be credited for torrents on the old tracker? I am constantly restarting one of the old torrents when there are kids that need a seed

los diablos
2005-08-01, 01:09 PM
i'm sorry to say your ratio system since not working well...the example is today, i uploaded the long riders torrent all day, downloaded 188mb, uploaded 200mb, so more than 1to1, to increase my ratio...so how it comes that my total ratio, including my old uploads show a total of 132mb when only on 1 torrent today i uploaded 200mb??????? please fix it, i'm carrying on to loose upload credit...
thanks
LD

U2Lynne
2005-08-01, 03:28 PM
Ric, we can credit you with what you have done since July 2. We can't go back and do everything from way-back-when. Also, please be aware that these stats are not being used in anyway. Until there is some system that credits everyone for everything they do (b&ps, hopping on to finish up stranded people, vining, coverart, helping newbies in threads) then I can't imagine ever using them for anything. There are too many ways to share, and ratios only tell part of the picture.

If there are any stat problems since July 2, please hit the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen and let us know what happened and we can change your stats.

RicDeez
2005-08-01, 03:38 PM
these have all been done since july 2, if that matters. I just recently started using ABC when i came back to this site after a long hiatus of my own. The first download listed is from july 14th

U2Lynne
2005-08-01, 03:58 PM
Ric, I credited you for those.

Ted
2005-08-01, 04:44 PM
Lynne's the one that knows about the tracker and how it works, but I have to say from my observations that it appears to be working ok for far more people than it's not working for. The only conclusion I can come up with is that it has something to do client-side, and is not a fault of the tracker. One possibility is that the tracker may not work with certain clients (or versions of a client). That can be understood, but when it works for a lot of people using (for example) Azureus version 2.3.0.2 (or whatever), and then there a few that it doesn't work for - what else could be the problem? I doubt Lynne's changing anything in the tracker's code, so it must be a problem with the user's system/configuration/client.

Also, please read my first post carefully and completely. It is important that you give us all of the information (including BT Client version) so that Lynne can hopefully figure out if it's only certain clients (and what version) that the tracker doesn't like.

Thank you :)

los diablos
2005-08-01, 04:57 PM
i use bit tornado stable 0.3.7 if this can help you to solve the problem....

RicDeez
2005-08-01, 04:57 PM
thank you very much lynne, it is greatly appreciated, now to grab and seed the rem dvd:)

Ted
2005-08-01, 05:37 PM
Thanks los diablos. I'm not sure if she's keeping a log or how she's doing things, but it helps to know anyway. If we see enough people with problems using the same client/version, then we can possibly narrow down the possibilities.

flatfive
2005-08-02, 08:51 PM
Will you update stats on information from the old tracker?

I still have a bunch of stuff that is alive and well using the old tracker, and obviously it's not counting towards my stats.

I have lots of stuff that I got off of the old tracker that I deleted after the torrents died away, so obviously I can't provide those stats, but from what I still have up and running in my tracker (pre- 7-2-05 torrents):

Cream RAH May 6th
DL: 691.05 Mb
UL:12.47 Gb

Cream RAH May 2nd, 2005 REMASTER
DL:671.81 Mb
UL: 13.81 Gb

Cream RAH 5-3-05
DL: 638.94 Mb
UL:8.50 Gb

Cream RAH 050505
DL: 788.72
UL: 8.78Gb

Jimi Hendrix 51th Anniversary....
DL: 3.50 Gb
UL: 16.62 Gb

Giant Robot.2004.07.24....
DL:4.47 Bg
UL: 22.74 Gb

STSnine2000-05-19
DL: 7.80 Gb
UL: 5.21 Gb

Deep Purple @ Live 8
DL: 865.83 Mb
UL:3.05 Gb

The Wall Divided We Fall
DL: 8.56 Gb
UL: 14.55 Gb

And that's just what I am currently actively sharing. Doesn't include all of the other old stuff!

Total DL: 27.98636 Gb
Total UL: 105.75 Gb

Ratio of 3.78

So, interestingly enough, my RATIO is correct, but the actual numbers are not.

Am I splitting hairs here?

b5

Ted
2005-08-02, 09:09 PM
flatfive - Your stats have been updated. Thanks for sharing :)

flatfive
2005-08-02, 09:47 PM
well, the Deep Purple & Wall divided, I think were after 7-2-05, so those I guess are already included in my ratio...

b5

flatfive
2005-08-05, 10:55 PM
Shit that was fast. You rock.

Thanks!

-b5

Ted
2005-08-06, 02:14 AM
You're welcome. It only takes a few seconds.

mordak
2005-08-06, 08:16 PM
I can't get my ratio to update.

Currently:
Downloaded: 0.00 KB - Uploaded: 0.00 KB (--- ratio)
DL Speed: 0.00 KB/s - UL Speed: 0.00 KB/s

I have logged out and back in, restarted my BT Client (Azureus), closed and reopened the browser, and I'm still at ZERO. Azureus doesn't show any issues either. Even when I click on the "Current activity on tracker" link, it shows nothing. I am seeding a show that I downloaded so I know that isn't the issue. Any ideas?
TIA

P.S. I assume there's no way to get the ratio's off the old tracker either. I did a lot of uploading and downloading and it sucks to be back at Zero again.

U2Lynne
2005-08-06, 10:12 PM
mordak, which show are you seeding (link please so we can check it out)?

mordak
2005-08-07, 07:11 AM
mordak, which show are you seeding (link please so we can check it out)?
Damn I tried to include all the info you'd need and forgot the most obvious thing. Sorry.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7545

Ted
2005-08-07, 07:51 AM
Damn I tried to include all the info you'd need and forgot the most obvious thing. Sorry. Thanks for including all of the info we needed, but you also forgot (if you read the first post, that is) that any torrents before July 2,2005 are on the old tracker. Sorry, but there is no way to get the stats off of the old tracker because it didn't keep stats. The show you linked to is on the old tracker. If you give me the approximate upload and download you had from the old tracker, I'll update your stats for you. Unless you kept track of it, there's no other way to know what it was.

mordak
2005-08-07, 06:06 PM
Thanks for including all of the info we needed, but you also forgot (if you read the first post, that is) that any torrents before July 2,2005 are on the old tracker. Sorry, but there is no way to get the stats off of the old tracker because it didn't keep stats. The show you linked to is on the old tracker. If you give me the approximate upload and download you had from the old tracker, I'll update your stats for you. Unless you kept track of it, there's no other way to know what it was.
Currently, Ratio = 3.788 Uploaded = 4.36 GB Downloaded 1.15 GB at approximately 72 kB/s. Yeah I did forget it was on the old tracker. Sorry. I thought I read all the psots maybe I just scanned over that one.

Ted
2005-08-07, 06:22 PM
The important post is the first one ;)

I'll update your stats for you.

CitizenGatsby
2005-08-08, 01:25 AM
My ratio here says I've only uploaded 82.08MB, but I've actually uploaded 115MB+ (as of my typing this). I'm uploading around 35kB/s at the moment. I took a screenshot 10 minutes ago so you could see. I'm using BitComet v0.59 (Peer Exchange and DHT Tracker are off).

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5572/actualttdshareratio1wb.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actualttdshareratio1wb.jpg)

feralicious
2005-08-08, 01:52 AM
I'm down over 2gb of uploading I think. I just grabbed 2 Doors shows and it kept updating my stats as I was downloading for the download part of it but never updated the upload, or maybe it did only while downloading, I'm not sure. And earlier I noticed it didn't log almost 1.5gb of my DVD upload. I wasn't going to worry about it but since it's happened again on these 2 shows it seems to be a problem. Here's a pic of Azureus showing what I've uploaded and downloaded for every show except for a Police show that I grabbed. On that I had 599mb down and not sure what I upped but it was only around 300mb if that since there were plenty of seeds for it and I was seeding my DVD at the time.

First column after the show name is the size, next to last column is my share ratio and last column is my upload.
(I posted the Liz Phair DVD so I didn't download anything on that)

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/497/tddratio7fu.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Azureus 2.3.0.4 on WinXP SP1

Thanks!

mordak
2005-08-08, 07:43 AM
The important post is the first one ;)

I'll update your stats for you.
Thanks very much. I'm on the new tracker now with a couple of other shows and all's well. :D

Ted
2005-08-08, 08:03 AM
My ratio here says I've only uploaded 82.08MB, but I've actually uploaded 115MB+ (as of my typing this). I'm uploading around 35kB/s at the moment. I took a screenshot 10 minutes ago so you could see. I'm using BitComet v0.59 (Peer Exchange and DHT Tracker are off).

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5572/actualttdshareratio1wb.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actualttdshareratio1wb.jpg)Your upload shows 613.96 MB as of this post. It appears to have corrected itself. Remember - you may have to stop and restart all torrents on our tracker in order for the tracker to pick up on the changes.

Ted
2005-08-08, 08:16 AM
I'm down over 2gb of uploading I think. I just grabbed 2 Doors shows and it kept updating my stats as I was downloading for the download part of it but never updated the upload, or maybe it did only while downloading, I'm not sure.If you're not sure, we have no way of knowing either. And earlier I noticed it didn't log almost 1.5gb of my DVD upload.I added 1.5GB to your upload I wasn't going to worry about it but since it's happened again on these 2 shows it seems to be a problem. Here's a pic of Azureus showing what I've uploaded and downloaded for every show except for a Police show that I grabbed. On that I had 599mb down and not sure what I upped but it was only around 300mb if that since there were plenty of seeds for it and I was seeding my DVD at the time.Added 599MB down/300MB up

First column after the show name is the size, next to last column is my share ratio and last column is my upload.
(I posted the Liz Phair DVD so I didn't download anything on that)

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/497/tddratio7fu.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Azureus 2.3.0.4 on WinXP SP1

Thanks!Oh, it's YOU again :p. I adjusted your stats for the ones you provided numbers for. Remember that stats do not mean anything to TTD. They are only for you to admire. If anyone says anything about your stats, let me know and I'll "adjust" theirs for them ;) :lol :p

feralicious
2005-08-08, 10:01 AM
Oh, it's YOU again :p. I adjusted your stats for the ones you provided numbers for. Remember that stats do not mean anything to TTD. They are only for you to admire. If anyone says anything about your stats, let me know and I'll "adjust" theirs for them ;) :lol :pHey Ted! Guess what? There's been another misunderstanding! :lol

I didn't realize you guys were so damn trusting so I was just submitting all the evidence and thought you'd do the math. The Police show actually showed up before, I just gave the info so you would know what my overall totals should reflect. So I'll get off my ass and calculate it... :)

Total down: 1.71gb
Total up: 16.05gb

And yeah, I know the stats don't mean anything, but I'm planning on freeing up some HDD space if I could just concentrate on archiving instead of getting into arguments with site mods. :lol So when I do I'm going to start downloading more and that 2gb uploaded will come in handy to keep me from looking like a leach.

More importantly though, I think it's odd that pretty much all the download gets counted, but so much of the upload doesn't. I'm wondering if it has something to do with it being only uploading without downloading. That seems to be the times when the stats didn't update. But in the beginning it was working fine, like when I was seeding the DVD it kept up with my activity.
Only one time it didn't but I thought it might have to do with me stopping the torrent when I wasn't logged onto the site.

Also, just out of curiosity, did you guys change the tracker so it constantly updates the stats rather than only when you stop the torrent? Because mine update as I go now without me closing the torrent.

And one last thing... why the f*ck is Jerry in the banner??? ;) :lol

And I almost forgot... thanks!

dude9478
2005-08-08, 10:14 AM
My Ratio hasn't been updated in a little while. I uploaded 13gb on 1 torrent that was never registered. Already upp'ed 5 to another and still hasn't registered...

Ted
2005-08-08, 10:25 AM
Hey Ted! Guess what? There's been another misunderstanding! :lol

I didn't realize you guys were so damn trusting we trust our members not to lie to us ;)so I was just submitting all the evidence and thought you'd do the math. The Police show actually showed up before, I just gave the info so you would know what my overall totals should reflect. So I'll get off my ass and calculate it... :) Totals are misleading. I only added what you specifically stated because you also said that part of those shows did register with the tracker. I can't give you double credit now, can I? It wouldn't be fair ;)

And yeah, I know the stats don't mean anything, but I'm planning on freeing up some HDD space if I could just concentrate on archiving instead of getting into arguments with site mods. :lol So when I do I'm going to start downloading more and that 2gb uploaded will come in handy to keep me from looking like a leach.I understand, but don't take too much time out of your day worrying about it.

More importantly though, I think it's odd that pretty much all the download gets counted, but so much of the upload doesn't. I'm wondering if it has something to do with it being only uploading without downloading.You're being paranoid. No one's out to get your ratio. That seems to be the times when the stats didn't update. But in the beginning it was working fine, like when I was seeding the DVD it kept up with my activity.
Only one time it didn't but I thought it might have to do with me stopping the torrent when I wasn't logged onto the site.

Also, just out of curiosity, did you guys change the tracker so it constantly updates the stats rather than only when you stop the torrent?No Because mine update as I go now without me closing the torrent.That's the way it's supposed to be. The stopping/starting thing is only a "fix" or a way of whipping the tracker into submission, if you will. For some reason, I think you'll understand that one :p

And one last thing... why the f*ck is Jerry in the banner??? ;) :lolTo piss you off.

And I almost forgot... thanks!You're quite welcome. Please let us know if we can help you again.
Have a nice day :)

Ted
2005-08-08, 10:27 AM
My Ratio hasn't been updated in a little while. I uploaded 13gb on 1 torrent that was never registered. Already upp'ed 5 to another and still hasn't registered...Did you stop and restart your torrents? If so, then please post links to the shows in question. If they are before July 2, 2005, they will not be reflected in your stats.

feralicious
2005-08-08, 11:06 AM
Totals are misleading. I only added what you specifically stated because you also said that part of those shows did register with the tracker. I can't give you double credit now, can I? It wouldn't be fair
Ted, Ted, Ted... okay, I really don't understand how you can misunderstand me so much. And I'm a bit insulted this time since you're implying that I'm asking for double credit. Come on. :mad: :disbelief

The totals I gave you are what I've uploaded and downloaded. How is that misleading?

Again, my stats should reflect this:

You're being paranoid. No one's out to get your ratio.wtf??? I'm reporting the problem and trying to give you information that might be helpful. Sorry.

That's the way it's supposed to be. The stopping/starting thing is only a "fix" or a way of whipping the tracker into submission, if you will. For some reason, I think you'll understand that oneI'm not stupid.

Maybe you should let another mod/admin deal with my issues. It seems that you're letting yesterday's exchange affect you a bit.

ffooky
2005-08-08, 11:26 AM
I've been seeding the Roky & The Explosives 1982 <http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6006&page=1&pp=15> since I posted it and I've uploaded 33.79 GB (ratio of 44.7) .I know that's on the old tracker but I think I've only downloaded one or two shows and one MPEG from TTD ever, all of which I've seeded to a ratio of at least 3 and I'd like better stats than 0/0 if at all possible. Cheers.

dude9478
2005-08-08, 11:36 AM
Did you stop and restart your torrents? If so, then please post links to the shows in question. If they are before July 2, 2005, they will not be reflected in your stats.

It was the grateful dead 12-31-87 dvd torrent set3...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10004&page=1
I didn't restart the torrent, is that what I need to do? i'll do that right now. Thanks for your help...

dude9478
2005-08-08, 11:52 AM
It was the grateful dead 12-31-87 dvd torrent set3...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10004&page=1
I didn't restart the torrent, is that what I need to do? i'll do that right now. Thanks for your help...

Ohh well It's not letting me connect to the tracker for some reason. I'll try later.

dude9478
2005-08-08, 12:14 PM
Weird, I'm connected to the egypt grateful dead dvd torrent right now and under the list of leechers/seeders my IP is there, but the username is missing...Maybe this is the problem....I've upped 6.5 gigs on this one..

66.28.37.xxx(46328)

4:39

0.00 KB

0.00 KB

---

48.95%

0.00 KB/s

0.00 KB/s

dude9478
2005-08-08, 12:41 PM
Is there anyway you can add that IP to my username since it's not registering under my username? I'm at work on a oc-3, but it's behind a firewall a sidewinder firewall. Don't know if that helps...

Thanks!

Ted
2005-08-08, 12:45 PM
I've been seeding the Roky & The Explosives 1982 <http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6006&page=1&pp=15> since I posted it and I've uploaded 33.79 GB (ratio of 44.7) .I know that's on the old tracker but I think I've only downloaded one or two shows and one MPEG from TTD ever, all of which I've seeded to a ratio of at least 3 and I'd like better stats than 0/0 if at all possible. Cheers.If you could post the approximate amount of downloaded MB or GB, I'll be happy to adjust your stats for you.

Ted
2005-08-08, 01:04 PM
Is there anyway you can add that IP to my username since it's not registering under my username? I'm at work on a oc-3, but it's behind a firewall a sidewinder firewall. Don't know if that helps...

Thanks!That very well could be the problem - your IP from work and your user name don't "match". That's one for Lynne to take care of. She knows the tracker and I don't want to mess things up. If you post either the total up/down you should have now or what needs to be added to your current stats, I'll be happy to make that adjustment. I doubt it will happen, but if the tracker suddenly decides to update and your stats become "too much", then post back here with the correct numbers and I'll put it where it should be. You can tell me either totals or the amount that needs to be added to or subtracted from your current stats. I have a nifty calculator program that came with Windows that can do the math for me. God Bless Bill Gates :)

dude9478
2005-08-08, 01:19 PM
Cool, The only thing I know of(haven't been keeping track :) is the 13gb from the 12-31-87 one. And Lemme see I'm up to 10gb on the egypt one right now. So I guess it's about 23gb off right now in the upload. And 3.8 down, and 4.3 down for those 2. So that would be 7.1 down? Thanks alot for your help!

Ted
2005-08-08, 01:27 PM
You're welcome.

I added 23 GB to your up and 7.1 GB to your down.

ffooky
2005-08-08, 02:04 PM
If you could post the approximate amount of downloaded MB or GB, I'll be happy to adjust your stats for you.

I opened the contents of my Azureus torrents folder in a text editor looking for any with thetradersden in the announce bit and it turned out to be four torrents totalling 1060 MB. Forget any uploading of those and I've uploaded 33.94 gigs of the Roky gig. Cheers.

jcrab66
2005-08-08, 09:49 PM
Wow. Where did that come from?

Nina, Its just Ted being Ted, thats where it came from. Ted is just a n00b fucking moron who somehow managed to convince someone else he could actually contribute something positive to this site when for the most part all he does is start stupid shit with people who clearly have way more knowledge than him and were doing this shit long before he crawled out whatever hole he came from. Ted has managed to alienate quite a few very respected traders with his assinine antics and personally I dont see how that could be considered a contribution on a site that is dedicated to the trading of live music....

Five
2005-08-08, 10:04 PM
can we please get back on topic here?

pm me if you have any off-topic probs

dude9478
2005-08-09, 08:22 AM
Hey,

Just got back into work. Wanna make sure this gets updated. i'll do the rest of my torrent from home so it gets updated. On the egypt torrent, I'm up to about 100gb uploaded... I'm gonna stop now, just wanted to make sure this gets recorded :)

Thanks
66.28.37.xxx(17032)

18:10:21

466.00 MB

97.41 GB

100.00%

951.82 KB/s

0.00 KB/s

dude9478
2005-08-09, 02:38 PM
I finished up at 110gb...

eminenz
2005-08-10, 11:43 AM
Hi,

First of all, thanks so much for this terrific site - for all the hard work you've put in - and for the tremendous pleasure you provide us.

I didn't realize there was no ratio system enforced - but even so, I still pride myself on maintaining a ratio that's good for the community.

I first came here a month ago to dl the Nirvana video.

Funny - I'd hesitated to start on such a huge torrent, which normally would have torpedoed my ratio for good - but other users encouraged me, saying TD keeps torrents alive a long time.

And sure enough, I've been leeching, then seeding non-stop for a month, and my ratio on that seed is 2.759.

Up until yesterday, that was the only torrent I'd opened here, so I assume that should be my ratio - but according to your site it is an even 0.00 for 0.00. (BTW yesterday I started leeching yomenetsan's fine ibrahim share - but it doesn't show either.)

Anyway, I'm running xp sp2, and azureus 3.4.0.4 . I have shut down and restarted my system numerous times in the past month.

Any help will be very gratefully received!

Respect!

U2Lynne
2005-08-10, 12:02 PM
Hi eminenz,

The reason your stats aren't changing is because that DVD is on the old tracker (prior to July 2). The old tracker didn't keep track of ratios. If you want me to manually change your stats, hit the Contact Us link on the bottom of this page and let them know exactly how much was uploaded and downloaded and what the torrent was.

Thanks for helping to keep those torrents going and welcome aboard!

drgeff
2005-08-12, 12:15 PM
Hi, I have been uploading for two days, I seeded a beatles flood last night with azureus newest version windows xp, and yesterday I was seeding a few of the beatles floods as well as seeding the grateful dead sunshine daydream for several days. I am sure that my ratio is close to 1 if not a little below it. I am also using bit tornado and this does not seem to update either.
Thanks
Drgeff

U2Lynne
2005-08-12, 01:06 PM
Hi drgeff, I think the issue there with the Flood torrents is that all but two of them are on the old tracker. The old tracker just doesn't keep track of stats. You can hit the Contact Us link on the bottom of this thread and tell us exactly what your upload/download on those shows are and we can modify your stats.

thomseye
2005-08-13, 09:55 PM
I have already sent a message via the "Contact Us" link of this site (prior to finding this thread, although I did read the FAQ).

I have uploaded (as of right this moment) 3.55 GB of the Blind Melon Woodstock 94 DVD, however, my ratio sits at 4.99GB DL and 1.15GB uploaded. This was posted on 06-04-05, so if this means that I can't get my ratio adjusted, I guess that'll have to be fine.

I guess it's just a pride thing, knowing that I leave seeds up as long as possible and very often, until everyone is done downloading.

Thanks for the site!!!

thomseye

U2Lynne
2005-08-13, 10:04 PM
I replied to you thomseye. The torrent you are talking about it on the old tracker and that tracker was unable to update stats. We changed to a new tracker at the beginning of July and that one can keep track of stats.

thomseye
2005-08-13, 10:40 PM
I replied to you thomseye. The torrent you are talking about it on the old tracker and that tracker was unable to update stats. We changed to a new tracker at the beginning of July and that one can keep track of stats.

Hey... thanks for the quick reply. I realize the torrent was on the old tracker, I just wasn't sure if you would update the ratio even if it were.

Thanks again!

thomseye

dude9478
2005-08-15, 09:31 PM
Just FYI, I never got credited for the 110gb on the egypt Grateful dead torrent

THanks,
Kevin

phan2001
2005-08-17, 06:59 PM
I pulled the whole 51st Anniversary (The Story Of Life....)
Label: FUTURE DISC
11-1993

and upped about 2.5x what I pulled, closed the torrent, no change in my stats. Not the first time, and no I dont know exactly how much it was. I like the tracker cause it makes me up more than I pull, but it's still not working all the time. Thanks

U2Lynne
2005-08-17, 07:12 PM
That torrent didn't do anything to your ratio stats because it is on the old tracker. Only shows uploaded to the tracker since July 2 will do anything to your stats.

noCalimero
2005-08-18, 07:29 AM
I've got a ratio issue too. Nothing to really worry about, but then again, it is a bit strange to me.

I only downloaded 1 torrent from here in the last 2 months and thats the "U2 2005-05-09 Chicago IL - 3 cam DVD (NTSC)" torrent. (I also use U2torrents.com and DAD)
Bacause I'm not a taper, I've made a habit of uploading at least 2 times more than I download. So I did on this torrent. Yesterday I stopped seeding it, because I choose to use my upload for another torrent on DAD that needed another seeder: a Sufjan Stevens show.

Right now my official TTD stats are as follows:
4.16 GB/9.80 GB/ ratio 2.36

Strangely, my client (Azureus 2.2.0.2 on a Windows XP SP2 machine) had the following stats:
4.16 GB/10.56 GB/ ratio 2.54

So the official TTD stats misses a bit of my upload. Nothing to really worry about. But then I checked the torrent details page.
The details stats on the torrent itself displayed just before I stopped seeding exactly the same details as my client had:
4.16 GB/10.56 GB/ ratio 2.54

So it looks that the tracker knows how much I uploaded (the stats on the torrent are correct), but somehow some of the upload has been lost in the stats for the overall ratio. That's a bit strange to me. It looks like the torrent stats are good (because they were the same as in Azureus) and that somehow the official TTD stats are not. Somehow, the overall TTD stats aren't the same as the cumulative torrents stats. In my case, both should be the same, as I only downloaded 1 single torrent. And the systems seems to work fine with the downloads, because only the upload size isn't the same on both stats, but something isn't working properly on the upload stats.
Is something wrong on the overall stats, or is it something on my pc (but why are the client stats the same as the stats of the torrent?)

That's the main reason I report it, just to make sure that the ratio system works, and that all (not only me) are credited with their correct upload.

I hope this helps, and keep up the good work. Sites like this are really what sharing music is all about!

BTW, I've got a sreencap of both stats, just before I stopped seeding, it has both stats in one. Can I mail it to you, or PM it? I tried to attach it to this message, but I got a messag that is was too large. Maybe I can resize it, and add it to this message later ..

noCalimero
2005-08-18, 08:10 AM
Well, it seems I was not fast enough to edit my previous post, so here is a new message with the screencap with the stats attached.

I hope it helps.

fp.trade
2005-08-18, 11:46 AM
Same ratio problem here (but i don't care !!)

i've only DL the 3 cam mix of U2 @ boston here
i'm using ABC 3.0.1 with windows 2000 professionnal

TTD stats : DL : 1,56 GB UP : 2,03 GB
ABC stats : DL : 4,15 GB UP : 7,44 GB (will take a pause at 200%)

Hope it helps you to fix the bugs

Fabien

U2Lynne
2005-08-18, 12:10 PM
This is very strange. Are either of you logging into the site from another computer while the torrent is running on another? If that is the case, it is probably getting confused since everytime you login, it grabs your IP. And, if it is a different IP than the one you are running your torrent on, then it doesn't realize that and doesn't end up giving you credit. (Did that make any sense?)

fp.trade
2005-08-18, 12:50 PM
i'm only seeding with the same computer ... my IP is dynamic perhaps that why the tracker don't reconize me ...

i will try to login and after open the ABC window cause always do the other way and see the difference ...

noCalimero
2005-08-18, 02:38 PM
That can't be the case with me. I only download torrents on my own pc, and that has a fixed ip-address.
And I only log in into the forum of this site from either my pc or my work's pc, and because of my holiday I haven't been at work since monday last week (and I started downloading the torrent on tuesday last week) ...

So, I don't think that's the case.

But then again, I really don't care for my TTD ratio (because it still is over 2.0).
I just think it is strange that the torrent stats aren't the same as the cumulative torrent stats (in my case because I only downloaded one torrent they should be exactly the same).
So something weird is causing the torrent stats to be not exactly the same as the overall TTD stats.

U2Lynne
2005-08-18, 03:49 PM
:hmm: :hmm: I have to say that this is a weird one. I'm confused on how this could happen if you've only logged on from home with the same ip and a fixed ip at that!

tbk420
2005-08-18, 04:57 PM
I'm at 0.00/0.00 - is it an AOL proxy problem? I use Burst for my client, and definitely have been on new torrents - I'm on the GD 10-31-80 one right now. I didn't really stress, b/c I know I'm well above a 1/1. Just thought I'd post to let you know.

tragicallyphish
2005-08-19, 02:11 PM
My ratio is off as well.

Been stuck at 0.71 for a while now.
Last night I uploaded more than 1 gig for the Egypt 78 DVD.

Thanks

noCalimero
2005-08-20, 09:32 AM
Question to U2Lynne:

Did you change my TTD ratio? Because now it is displaying the right ratio. If you did change it, thank you. But if you didn't there might be some sort of backlog in the system that somehow gets it right in the end ..

Anyway, all this proofs that TTD is one of those few sites that care about both the music and the musiclovers. Huge thanks for that!!
:clap:

byronious
2005-08-20, 10:50 AM
I know that the best deed is helping someone you don't know who doesn't know your helping . . .
but I'm not that good . . .
On the old tracker I helped the Beatles 2 of 8 along:
2.16GB up; 156MB down (I had more like 1.5/1 earlier, but no stats to back that up - new to TTD & just noticed the ratio dealio)

PS Thanks mucho for this site & all the music that flows through it.

U2Lynne
2005-08-20, 12:28 PM
Yes, I changed the ratios for some of the people in this thread. I think I got most of them right.

dancolostate
2005-08-22, 09:09 AM
I am new to the forum and sensitive to ratio issues. I was downloading Phish 6-25-97. I managed to snatch all 8.5GB of this show and upload at least 10GB before something happened to my open window over the weekend. Unfortunately, my trade ration only reads ~3.5 downloaded and not much uploaded at all resulting in a terrible share ratio. Not sure how this happened, but it has put me in a ratio hole to start off in this forum. I'd like to get my ration reset to 1:1 so I can go from there with a clean slate.

Please see this thread for reference:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4801&page=13&pp=15

If it matters, I am still uploading on the above thread, and have just started in on this torrent:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10090

My email is: [email protected]

dancolostate
2005-08-22, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah,

I am a dinosaur running Windows ME and the old BT Shadow. Does this matter?

U2Lynne
2005-08-22, 09:43 AM
dancolostate, The reason your stats didn't update for that first torrent you linked to (the Phish one) is because it is on the old tracker. Only shows that have been uploaded to the site since July 2 are on the new tracker and only the new tracker will keep track of stats. That second torrent you linked to (the GD one) is on the new tracker and thus your stats should update for that one.

dancolostate
2005-08-23, 02:58 PM
Thanks U2. I am aware of the old tracker deal. Something still is not adding up here. The GD Veneta DVD is only 4.5 GB total. My stats say I've DLd 7.05GB (It should be closer to 13GBDOWN/15GB UP.. This just isn't possible if the stats only reflect the recently started GD show of 4.5 gigs.

Anybody have any idea what the hell is going on here?

U2Lynne
2005-08-23, 03:07 PM
That DVD is the only other show you have downloaded/uploaded from here? Do you have a dynamic IP or a static one? This is another strange one.

dancolostate
2005-08-23, 07:35 PM
Hey U2. Thanks a lot for responding to my posts and helping me out. I am far from a BT nOOb, just new to this forum, haven't BTed in over a year.

Yeah. The only two shows I've pulled from this site have been that Phish 6-25-97 and the GD Veneta, that I just finished. I just installed a router to protect myself a little bit and have gotten my BT client's light back to green with the port forwarding. To answer your question, I have comcast highspeed cable internet, so I assume my IP is dynamic, but doesn't change very often, if ever.

One question. The ratio thing may be due to my ignorance. Can people connect to a torrent tracker and DL WITHOUT BEING LOGGED IN? If so, there is the chance that I wasn't logged in for a portion of the Phish download/upload.

Just a few more clues. Thanks for playing detective. Love this site. Keep up the good work.

-Dan

P.S. I reconnected to the GD torrent now that I am 100% and have a functional router in place...my damaged share ratio is slowly improving.

U2Lynne
2005-08-23, 08:02 PM
Hey Dan,

I changed your download to just the size of the GD torrent. I really don't know why it was so high if you were only on that one. I'm no tracker expert at all, so I'm just trying to learn about how this all works.

As for not being logged in, you do have to be logged in to download the torrent file. When you hit the site, it grabs your IP address and thus the stats start. If you then come onto the site as a 'Guest' with that same IP address, I have to say I'm not really sure what happens since I am always logged into this site. hehe That could explain you not getting credit for an upload/download, but it wouldn't explain why your download would increase to more than you downloaded. Do you remember when you noticed this jump in download amount? Or, what period of time you were downloading it? I did have to restart the server last night and so I wonder if it caused some sort of hiccup in stats.

dancolostate
2005-08-24, 03:03 PM
Thanks again. Not sure when the jump occured. Just started in on the Live 8 compilation. We'll see how that goes.

fzumrk
2005-08-25, 04:15 PM
Trio! 2005-08-13 Newport Jazz Festival - Newport, RI (FLAC)

I started this download about 10:30pm on 8/24 & let the torrent run over night and all day.

I downloaded 381 MB & uploaded 2.06 GB.

when I got home from work today I checked the statistics link in the message thread, I saw my IP addy but not my user name. so I think that has something to do with it, but not sure how it happened.

any ideas??

I am running
Win XP Pro
BitTornado 0.3.7

thanks for your help
Patrick

"Music is the Best" (http://www.zappa.com/splash.html)

U2Lynne
2005-08-25, 04:59 PM
Did you by chance login to the site from work (that would cause the tracker to 'lose' your IP.

I fixed your stats to include what you posted above.

fzumrk
2005-08-25, 05:52 PM
Lynn, this is all done from home

here is the only thing that I did different that I normally do when I start a torrent, it wasn't included in the first post

I rebooted everything last night(computer, modem, router) because I had the computer off during the day & when I logged on after work I was user #2 on the router(my kid logged on her computer) & the #2 ports are not open.

so I rebooted to get the #1 slot after she went to bed.
opened Firefox to access TDD to start the torrent with ports open.
I just waited for my BT client to turn green & I went to bed.

thanks again for all you do
enjoy the day!!!

toowylde
2005-08-28, 12:16 AM
I want to chime in here, particularly regarding the "matter of pride" issue.

Like someone who posted previously I try to reopen windows on older torrents which need seeders. (Most recently I did this on Led Zeppelin 4/28/77, uploaded 1.27G while downloading nothing before switching back to something on another site.) I would rather use my bandwidth to help someone get a show nobody else seems to be seeding than participate in something newer (as in after the tracker changed) which has many seeders.

As long as there is not going to be an issue with share ratio enforcement I will continue to seed on an "unnoticed" basis. Hopefully those who look at others' share ratios and judge them on it will understand that the ratios might be low because they are seeding on older torrents. If people look at others' ratios and judge in ignorance of the new vs old tracker -- well, why should I care what people think who can't even bother to read the information provided here about ratios and trackers etc.?

The only way this could become an issue (for me, at least) is if a SRE policy were to be put in place.

Meanwhile, thanks for the place to comment on this, and for the site. :clap: Without TTD I would never have discovered the glory of live Led Zeppelin and now I am obsessed and have more discs than I know what to do with.

shnaholic
2005-08-28, 01:27 AM
lol funny how i have been seeding this acdc torrent to the tune of approx 6 gb at least and my upload numbers were well over 182gb now they are at 177 or so. is the tracker now working in reverse order? hit me bqck for those pics , lynne. i have since bailed on the acdc seeding. 12 others are filling in nicely, or at least they were.

mr_bungalow
2005-09-01, 10:00 AM
I downloaded the Senor Martin 'In the Pit' moe. dvd last week. I left my computer on at home all weekend to seed and managed to do a 3.1 ratio (21 gigs up, 7 down). Looking at my stats I have only downloaded 292 megs and uploaded 273 megs? I don't quite get it. I've also done 1:1 on 2 other dvds.

Can anyone help me?

skywalker
2005-09-05, 12:51 AM
I have uploaded for week (booted machine four days ago) the U2-second night in chicago . Azureus shows upped over 4GB and my ratio shows TOTAL UPPED 2,51??? I believe my ip is the one as shown here 84.231.62.xxx.
2,2 GB in four days..

I have stayed online with this torrent in order to better my ratio, but seems no hope with this tracker.

fstrthnu2
2005-09-07, 06:30 PM
I'm an infrequent viistor, however I have recently, last week, downloaded about 3.5gb and uploaded over 4gb and yet I have no stats at all. I'm currently running ABC 3.0.1 on a Win XP sp2 machine. Any ideas? :hmm: Thanks.

U2Lynne
2005-09-07, 06:33 PM
What torrent were you on? Only torrents uploaded since July 2 are on the new tracker. If you downloaded/uploaded a torrent that was posted on the site prior to that, it won't change your stats.

Vintage
2005-09-07, 10:50 PM
Wow, my stats are way out of whack. After I download, I keep my bit torrent program open to upload until it stops, but it still shows that I've downloaded substantially more than I've uploaded. What am I doing wrong?
:(

Chachi420
2005-09-08, 12:13 AM
my dl ratio has deviated from 4.20 MB...There must be some mistake... :help: :rasta: :lol

BRIAN MAY
2005-09-08, 02:48 PM
Hello!
My stats on this site should be: D: 606,9 MB and Up: 620 MB
If you could correct them for me it would be nice!
I have closed the torrent and my BT client but they did not change!
I'm using Azureus 2.3.0.4.!
That's the date for my torrent: 07-02-05, 08:15 PM (Maybe that's why it's getting confusing...)

Thaks in advance! And thanks to Five for his help :wave:

dude87
2005-09-09, 11:00 AM
I've been a member here for a little while and have noticed that even though I'm actively involved in a torrent (for example, http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11713) I don't show up on the statistics for that torrent and my upload/download totals don't change (the currently show I have a .91 share ratio). Now, overall I don't care that much because I always give back at least what I take from a torrent and TTD doesn't have any sort of share ratio enforcement policy, but I wonder why my contributions to torrents isn't being tracked.

I run Azereus 2.2.0.2 on WinXP over a Verizon Fios account.

prof_peabody
2005-09-09, 09:49 PM
If I'm seeding from my home computer and then login from another IP address to TTD to see if everything is running smoothely I am no longer credited as the seeder it just shows an I address. It looks like I'm not credited for the traffic either. I'm not really worried, I'm just glad it's still sharing.

cheers

U2Lynne
2005-09-09, 10:20 PM
Right now, the tracker goes by IP addy and if you are torrenting from one computer and then login from another, the tracker will get confused (and you will show up on the torrent as just an IP addy). If you need your stats adjusted, just hit the Contact Us link below and send a note about how you think your stats need to be adjusted.

Dofin#
2005-09-09, 11:26 PM
I have downloaded 4.15 Gb and uploaded 9.59 Gb, so my ratio should be 2.310 but it is not. It only shows 0.69 :hmm:
Will it be corrected ?

U2Lynne
2005-09-09, 11:29 PM
If you send a note to the Contact Us link below with a link to the torrent you were on and a note about what the stats should be, we can modify them for you.

prof_peabody
2005-09-10, 09:31 AM
Right now, the tracker goes by IP addy and if you are torrenting from one computer and then login from another, the tracker will get confused (and you will show up on the torrent as just an IP addy). If you need your stats adjusted, just hit the Contact Us link below and send a note about how you think your stats need to be adjusted.

Hmm, this morning it looks like it was updating my stats a bit overnight, but maybe that's because I wasn't trolling the forum. I really don't care about the ratio enough to email you screen caps of azureus. Just as long as people can get the torrents I'm happy.

joemc
2005-09-11, 08:57 AM
hi, my stats are still at 0 for up and down, it doesn't make any difference to me as i always seed at least 1 to 1 on any torrent and if it doesn't matter to the site then thats fine, however if the situation changes re share ratio will you let us all know please then it's worth mailing you cause i would hate to banned from such a great site :) .
thanks
hoemc

drgeff
2005-09-12, 04:46 PM
Hi, I am uploading an old torrent this week, the never ending tour covers collection by dylan, I think it is an old torrent, could you please apply some gigs to my ratio, I suspect that I will upload at least 5 by the time I am done with it. Thanks,
Eric

onemanguitarband
2005-09-13, 08:13 AM
I have only been uploading for the past 12 hours and my ratio has been going down. (I'm not downloading anything).

I use the latest version of azureus, any suggestions?

My ratio should be 1.22 or so, and it is 1.02 at the moment.

U2Lynne
2005-09-13, 09:37 AM
joe, are you sure you on uploading/downloading a torrent on the new tracker (uploaded since July 2). The old tracker doesn't keep track of stats.

drgeff, just send an email via the Contact Us link on the bottom of the page when you are done uploading.

onemanguitarband, I currently don't see you on any torrents, so your stats shouldn't be changing at all. I am curious about how they could go down. Do you know if it's your upload or download number that changed?

onemanguitarband
2005-09-13, 10:09 AM
onemanguitarband, I currently don't see you on any torrents, so your stats shouldn't be changing at all. I am curious about how they could go down. Do you know if it's your upload or download number that changed?

I'm on the Jethero Tull Torrent on my computer at home, (this IP is at work). I'll have to check to see if the UL or DL # has changed, when I go home for lunch. My ratio went up in the Az. program over night when I checked this morning, but the tracker on the Traders Den page went down.

Now the ratio does not seem to be changing, it is still at 1.02. (2 hours after my last post, my UL isn't capped that low. :lol )

U2Lynne
2005-09-13, 10:29 AM
Your ratio shouldn't be changing right now if you are logged onto the site from an IP different than where you are running the torrent. The tracker updates stats based on IPs. Everytime you log onto the site, it grabs your IP. So, right now, it doesn't know who that person is on your home computer and so it won't be updating stats for it. Once we go to personalized torrents (read: once Lynne has time to code the personalized torrents here... :)), then that won't be a problem. When you are done seeding, you can just drop me a note via the Contact Us link on the bottom of the page and let me know how much credit you are missing.

onemanguitarband
2005-09-13, 11:05 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm home right now and the Traders Den says it is still at 1.02, but the Az program is still seeding away and my ratio in the program keeps going up, strange.

Phanatic_Phan
2005-09-14, 01:45 PM
Alright ive been uploading straight now for the past two days and my ratio has not changed. Does it take a few days for the counter to update?? I looked in FAQ and coudlnt find my answer thanks!

U2Lynne
2005-09-14, 03:32 PM
What shows are you uploading on?

Phanatic_Phan
2005-09-14, 04:03 PM
What shows are you uploading on?

Right now im uploading the 70 Volt Parade show. *(05-07-05)*

I believe im one of the only ones uploading it!!

saltman
2005-09-14, 04:19 PM
it won't update till you hit stop right????? also don't forget to hit stop. You can't just close the torrent or it will not update.

U2Lynne
2005-09-14, 04:49 PM
You are kinda correct. Some clients will update as you go, some won't update until you hit Cancel. But, I looked at Phanatic_Phan's ratio when he first posted and it has since gone up. So, he must have done something to get them to update (I think he hit cancel since it now shows him only being connected for less than an hour).

blucadet3
2005-09-14, 06:20 PM
I was gone for awhile and now that I'm back nothing new that I download is updating at all. And my ratio for the old torrent seems wrong.

I'm currently seeding the beatles flood reseeds 1 and 2...

I'm up to 1.15GB uploaded on flood 1 for example...this is over 1:1 and its not updated my stats at all.

U2Lynne
2005-09-14, 07:01 PM
Beatles Flood Torrents 1 and 2 are on the old tracker (uploaded prior to July 2) and so they will not update your stats.

blucadet3
2005-09-14, 07:33 PM
thanks for the quick reply!

Phanatic_Phan
2005-09-14, 10:27 PM
I am going to be using a new computer soon to upload shows from. Do i need to let you guys know the ip address to get my upload ratio back up?

Just let me know, Thanks

musicguy81
2005-09-15, 12:01 PM
I know something's wrong with my ratio because I've had the same ratio since I joined here.

U2Lynne
2005-09-15, 12:33 PM
Phanatic, no you don't need to let us know the IP. Everytime you come to the site, the software grabs your IP (which is why it gets confused if you run bt from home and then login from work).

musicguy, are you sure you are uploading torrents that have been put on the new tracker? Only those shows will change your ratio.

AAR.oner
2005-09-15, 03:00 PM
:rolleyes:

TheMamba
2005-09-15, 03:32 PM
Damn...this fucking troll just shows up everywhere now... :rolleyes:

TheMamba
2005-09-15, 07:09 PM
fucking douchebag troll.... :rolleyes:

Billie1
2005-09-16, 11:54 PM
I´m new on this side .
Since yesterday my ratio don´t change.
Stays on 0.68.
My client shows me1.1.
I loaded down around 620Mb and 691 Mb up.
why nothings change?
Please help

Billie1

Billie1
2005-09-17, 07:40 AM
Sorry!Yes you´re right.Stupid question! :stupid: :stupid:
Haven´t read the thread before i wrote the message. :hmm:

artifex
2005-09-18, 11:59 AM
I hope this issue is related to this topic...

The torrent:
Bjork Live8 DVD (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12163)

I downloaded and seeded (with ratio 17.49) this stuff and my down/up statistic staying at 0 KB/0 KB.

I had been directed from purelivegigs here but torrent downloaded from TTD and been using on a different machine with ctorrent 1.3.4+dnh1 patch.

Where are the problem? Wrong client? Wrong use by me? :) Do I need to login on the same machine where I downloading? Any other idea?

Gwydion
2005-09-18, 03:43 PM
i have downloaded the whole GRATEFUL DEAD SUNSHINE DAYDREAM, 4.33 GB, but my stats don't show that, and have seeded it until share ratio reached 1.002, so 4.33/4.33 would be right

thanks.

Bodhi
2005-09-18, 04:40 PM
My ratio seems to be freeze at 1.05 (541.61Mb/571.39Mb) whereas I've uploaded 2.26 Go for the 02/27/04 Erykah Badu show (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10403&highlight=erykah+badu)

I'm on Windows ME / ABC 3.0.1

http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/117/erykahbaduratioproblem9tu.th.jpg (http://img275.imageshack.us/my.php?image=erykahbaduratioproblem9tu.jpg)

Thanks in advance.

drgeff
2005-09-18, 06:31 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get a few gigbits of ratio credit for a while, I was seeding some older torrents over the past few months, most recently the large dylan never ending tour cover songs set. I have also seeded a number of other older show, trying to get back to at least a 1.0 ratio. I would like about 5 gigs credit, which I think is about what I have upped. I am going to stick with newer shows from now on. I know that the mods are not really tracking people on this site so much, but I just want to give back at least what I have taken here. Thanks,
Eric

casol01
2005-09-19, 08:35 AM
Hi,
Recently downloaded U2 Chicago DVD and U2 Glendale DVD. Download of each of these shows took about 2 days each. I have left my client (Bittornado 0.3.7) open for days after the downloads to share with the community. I've tried to keep track of the uploads which should match the downloads but my share ratio reads 6.72/1.81/0.27, way off? I like to give back to the community what is so generously given but its hard to keep track when the tracker is so way off.

Cheers,
me

darthtodd
2005-09-19, 09:11 PM
I too am new to the site and having problems w/ my ration. I seem to be stuck at (4.37 GB/1.75 GB/0.40), but have been seeding the Blind Melon show. I may not be quite at 1.1 yet, but would guess I getting close. Anyway, just wanted to bring this up for your work on the tracker.

darthtodd
2005-09-19, 09:46 PM
Forgot to add......
Using Windows for O.S.
Using Bit Tornado 0.3.7 for client

Stats should be (if I did the math correctly): 4.37./3.75/0.79 (so far)...still seeding at this point. Thank you.

enirehtak
2005-09-21, 02:31 AM
i am on the torrent Prince 2004-03-29, I have uploaded 8 GO and my ratio didn't change , only for this torrent,
i put a screen shot of my azureus,
AZUREUS RATIO PRINCE 2004.jpg
i'm on windows xp sp2 and the version of my azureus is 2.2.0.2.

Can you do something for me
my ratio must be, i'think, minimum 1,00 !!

sorry for my poor english !

Phanatic_Phan
2005-09-24, 08:55 PM
Hey again, I started to upload another show! (4-4-98) and I dont believe it has registered my uploading status! It hasnt changed in about 2 days and I have hit stop/cancel to try to refresh it, but notthing changed. Can you check it out lynne, thanks!

Phan

Black Dog
2005-09-25, 11:18 AM
Can you tell me what it means when:

The "current activity on tracker" window shows,
that a torrent has changed from "Blue" to "Green"?

What does it mean when my ratio reads ".inf"?

I can share as much as needed. I have over a terabyte of storage, and Monday thru Friday my computer runs unattended 22 of every 24 hours.
Any info would be appreciated:)

U2Lynne
2005-09-25, 11:34 AM
Hey again, I started to upload another show! (4-4-98) and I dont believe it has registered my uploading status! It hasnt changed in about 2 days and I have hit stop/cancel to try to refresh it, but notthing changed. Can you check it out lynne, thanks!

Phan
All shows uploaded prior to July 2 are on the old tracker. They will never update your stats since that tracker won't keep track of them for individuals.

U2Lynne
2005-09-25, 11:40 AM
Can you tell me what it means when:

The "current activity on tracker" window shows,
that a torrent has changed from "Blue" to "Green"?

What does it mean when my ratio reads ".inf"?

I can share as much as needed. I have over a terabyte of storage, and Monday thru Friday my computer runs unattended 22 of every 24 hours.
Any info would be appreciated:)
In Azureus, this is what the health indicators mean (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/faq.php#21):
gray - means that your torrent is stopped,
red - means that you're not connected to any peer,
blue - when seeding, it means that you're not yet connected to any peer,
blue - when downloading, it means that you are connected to some peers but the tracker is down,
yellow - means that the tracker is ok, you're connected to peers, but you don't have any remote connection. You may have a NAT problem if your torrents stay on yellow status all the time,
green - means that everything is going fine.

An inf ratio means you have only uploaded, not downloaded.

Phanatic_Phan
2005-09-25, 12:19 PM
awwww man!! So lynne is there anyway you can give me credit for it?? I have been uploading that show for like a few days! If not its cool, i shoulda known better!

Black Dog
2005-09-25, 12:32 PM
Thanks Lynne:D

In Azureus, this is what the health indicators mean (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/faq.php#21):
gray - means that your torrent is stopped,
red - means that you're not connected to any peer,
blue - when seeding, it means that you're not yet connected to any peer,
blue - when downloading, it means that you are connected to some peers but the tracker is down,
yellow - means that the tracker is ok, you're connected to peers, but you don't have any remote connection. You may have a NAT problem if your torrents stay on yellow status all the time,
green - means that everything is going fine.

An inf ratio means you have only uploaded, not downloaded.

rchappo
2005-09-29, 12:31 PM
Just to add another to the list of incorrect ratios!

I have downloaded and seeded the U2 Anaheim Night Two DVD to what my client (Azureus 2.2.0.2) says a ratio of 2.043. But this tracker displays my ratio to be only 0.8. This is the only torrent I have ever DL and seeded from here so I know my stats should be DL :4.02 / UL : 8.25 / Ratio : 2.043

If my stats can be changed to reflect this then that would be great. If not it's no big deal. Thanks :)

raggedboy
2005-09-30, 05:07 AM
Hello, I downloaded the DriveBy Truckers DVD at the Bottleneck and I'm currently uploading, but I had to close it a couple of times and start again. The stats don't show what I have uploaded one of them, it should be about 1.2 G more. I'm using windows XP and (the old now) Shadow Experimental.

skullgame
2005-10-02, 05:20 PM
HI, I"m new to this site & have been loving everything about it so far. I have been experiencing the ratio update problem though. As of about 30 minutes ago, the 2 torrents that qualify by date (post-July 2) are:

Prince 2004-03-29 ntsc proshoot (Downloaded 3.489GB / UL 3.289)
C2B3 2003-05-03.DVD (Downloaded 4.044GB / Uploaded 4.653GB)

I'm using Burst! v3.10b on Windows XP version b

I went through the restart protocols a few minutes ago, checked the ratio being displayed, & I am still not getting an accurate share ratio. Also, since the restart, on Burst I now show DL of 0MB/UL of 23MB total.

Please update my ratio. I understand that there is no minimum share ratio, but I'm doing all I can to leave these open as long as possible & would like to keep increasing my share ratio. I'll try to get to at least 1.5:1 before I shut down. Thanks in advance, & thanks even more for having this site.

tbrown4
2005-10-03, 02:35 PM
I hopped on as a seed yesterday for this torrent "Dmb 2004_09_03 Dvd 7.88 gb" This was originally seeded on the old tracker as it seems.

I uploaded a little over 2.95 GB of data in the past 24 hours.

As of now my ratio reads: 82.90 GB/82.61 GB

My ratio should read: 82.90 GB/85.56 GB

I am using WinXP, running BitTornado version T-0.3.3

Thank you.

-Tim

dianaross
2005-10-03, 02:39 PM
Hello, I am seeding Live 8 dvd compilation set from almost i month now, and I downloaded 12.28 GB and uploaded 12.0 GB, with a ratio of almost 1 (now it says infinite, for I closed the torrent today, as you suggested above, and it started all over again, but my stats in the site haven't changed, they are still 2.33/1.14/0.49). :confused:
I use Azureus 2.3.0.4 and my operating system is windows xp.
Hope you can update my stats. Thanks! :)

pribking
2005-10-11, 06:44 PM
Ted,

I have been seeding these two old tracker Dylan torrents forever. Any chance of getting my stats adjusted up about 8 GB. Thanks, pribking

Bob Dylan - Genuine Live 1966 .torrent
4.5.80.xxx 51.66 MB 0 B 0:02:52:47 ∞
24.5.80.xxx 4.83 GB 0 B 3:10:40:24 ∞

Jewels and Binoculars
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7011&highlight=jewels+and+binoculars
24.5.80.xxx 3.17 GB 0 B 3:10:51:02 ∞

pika
2005-10-16, 05:17 AM
Hi

I have been seeding u2 rocks the midwest for the last couple of days. For the last 38 hours my sats have not increased. I have uploaded just over 4gig but this has not been added to my share ratio. Attached is my current stats, obviously I have been stopping the download at several times to see if this will update my stats but it doesn't help.

This is not the first time this has happened. I have uploaded nearly 10gb on other torrents in the past couple of months that haven't registered in my stats. My uploads seem to be taken into account for the first couple of days of seeding and then after that they just don't register (although I am still seeding)

I am using Bit tornado 0.3.8

Thanks for looking into this for me

pika

tigger165
2005-10-16, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I've been seeding two large torrents (the 20 cd Cream set and the Dylan 26 cd set) for the last few months. Despite not having any active downloads my ratio keeps dropping. I started at 1:13, dropped all the way down to .77 for the last three weeks and then dropped to .73 overnight. There's no way this can be correct. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
J

popartist
2005-10-16, 12:10 PM
Sorry about my delay in reporting this (went to all the NYC U2 shows!) but I downloaded and shared the U2 Rocks the Midwest torrent. So far it's the only show I've downloaded and seeded from this site - Azureus shows a 3.77 GB download/4.73GB upload for a 1.247 ratio but the site tracker shows 3.79 GB download/3.00 GB upload for a 0.79 ratio. I was seeding this for quite awhile and believe Azureus to be correct. Is there a way for you to adjust this?

Weekapauggrooved
2005-10-16, 01:15 PM
I'm seeding right now, but the tracker stopped updating my stats when my connection died. Will you be able to connect me to it, or should i just let it go and tell you what percent i stop seeding at?

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=230432#post230432

thats the topic. This has happened on every show ive downloaded and it's killing my ratio by not counting how much I upload.

jabbo5150
2005-10-16, 01:52 PM
I have no ration listed. I downloaded 487 megs of the Beach Noys Carnegie Hall 72 show and then seeded it and uploaded like 90 megs before everyone disconnected and I shut down the computer. I am not showing any ratio whatsoever. I am new here and would like to establish my ratio :-)

U2Lynne
2005-10-16, 02:00 PM
A couple of things..... only shows that were uploaded after July 2 are on the new tracker. If you are uploading/downloading a show that was uploaded to the site prior to that, it will not change your stats at all.

Also, if you are uploading/downloading on one computer, and then log on from another, the tracker transfers your user id to the new IP and thus if you look at the Peers List, you will not see your name, only your IP. It then doesn't know who to credit the stats to.

I did make some adjustments to some stats here. The best thing to do is to email [email protected] and tell us what your current stats are and exactly how they should be adjusted. It's hard for me to guess in some of these cases.

pika
2005-10-16, 03:21 PM
Thanks for sorting Lynne :)

popartist
2005-10-16, 10:59 PM
Thanks U2Lynne for taking care of it! :)

jabbo5150
2005-10-17, 09:30 AM
now this is weird...I downloaded and uploaded that beach Boys 74 show, which was just recently posted here and it showed up in my ratio on recent activity. Then I had no one downloading and had to shut down my computer, so I stopped seeding and now I have no ratio at all again.

jabbo5150
2005-10-18, 06:20 PM
Still not showing any ratio. Is it related to the fact I am on a Mac maybe? I have downloaded and uploaded a few things already. Guess I am stuck at zero.

dmjk007
2005-10-22, 10:03 PM
OK, I am having some ratio issues here.....my ratio is super low, and part of that I know the cause of, but I don't think I am being properly credited for uploading. I also left a couple of Grateful dead torrents running for about 10 days or so while I was on vacation, and apparently the last pieces failed hash check over and over again and I downloaded over 50 gigs each on two separate torrents :eek: . I have been having these hash check problems lately and it is causing my ratio to be terrible....according to my data, I should be around 50% to 60% realistically. Sometimes my system crashes as well, and I don't get to click stop or cancel on my torrents. I am using the latest version of Bittornado!! Any help would be appreciated...my ratio is appalling!!

kinlin
2005-10-24, 03:33 AM
I have downloaded three torrents recently, prior to which my ratio was 0.0. The first of these, Robert Plant & the Strange Sensation/Berlin was a 422.9MB download. I uploaded 584.6MB and according to Azureus (2.2.0.2) my ratio was 1.375 but the tracker remained at 425.15/306.22=0.72. Simularly, on the two other (Rolling Stones) torrents: Unplugged 297.6 DL/331.9 UL=1.113 and Alive & Dressed To Kill 673.9 DL/642.9 UL=0.950. The tracker currently shows me with 971.38/476.02=0.49.
I have checked that all of these torrents are on the new tracker, and followed the other directions discribed at the beginning of this thread. I have a W2K OS.
I guess you might be able to correct my ratio for me, but in the long run I hope you can get this problem permanently solved. It must be a bit of a hassle :( ! At any rate, thanx for your time and effort!

sadu
2005-10-24, 03:40 PM
I'm getting really fed up with this tracker.

uploaded 14 GB for a sts9 DVD this week. No credit
uploaded 6 GB for treyDVD. No credit
dowloaded 1.5GB for treyDVD uploaded 3.5 ..showed up as 2.5GB DL 1.5 UL

I have been keeping my eye on the stats for the last few weeks. I was starting to think it was ME

I even go to the point of writting down the UL/DL for each torrent and the overall UL/DL and then comparing it to the site. It's never correct. I think that these new trackers that are coming out are beta..not to say that I'm not enjoying the new features becuase I am. I'm just pointing out that they're not perfect.

I don't think anyone here really cares if you have a 0.78 or a 1.15. Firstly it just isn't possible to go 1:1 for everything. Secondly, there's a lot of ways to share. I like to burn 3/4 copies and just surprise a friend with a killer show.

So lets all say "cheers" and not worry about stats!

U2Lynne
2005-10-26, 07:10 PM
jabbo, if you download/upload a torrent on the new tracker now, you should start getting a ratio. I just found a tracker programming error this morning that made all users after user number 65535 (you are 65995) not show any stats. I tracked down the problem this morning and fixed it.

skydogj
2005-10-26, 10:48 PM
mine has not changed
I ran a SRV DVD torrent since Saturday.
Over 7 gigs upped just to increase my ratio

nothing
no change to my upload status
I am not running the torrent now, cut it off earlier today.
cleared my cookies too, just incase that was the issue

not sure what the deal is
anyone??

Skydogj

ucusty
2005-10-26, 11:49 PM
me too...

monsta
2005-10-27, 03:15 AM
I've read on another forum somewhere that if UDP Tracker protocol is enabled, then your stats sometimes don't get reported correctly.

The analogy went something like this (the original explanation was much better mind you!); Normal (TCP?) reporting is like ringing up next door, the neighbour answers, and you tell them "I've uploaded x, and downloaded y", so you have confirmed that they can hear you. With UDP, it is similar, except it just broadcasts the stats, and is like shouting out the window to the neighbour and assuming they have heard you, without any confirmation from them. So they may have heard you but also may not.

If this is true, it might be wise for those having trouble with their stats not updating to change their settings.

In Azureus, Tools-Options-Tracker-Client-untick "enable UDP tracker client protocol".

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Monsta

pawel
2005-10-28, 04:27 AM
if you download/upload a torrent on the new tracker now, you should start getting a ratio.

yep but weird: before change I was not visable on SRV torrent, then got ratio 0.97 while in fact it's over 1 :mad:

batou
2005-11-02, 01:04 AM
Hello,

It looks like my stats have frozen as of last night.

Currently, my Azureus client reports a share ratio 0f 0.73, which corresponds to 5.6GB download and 4.1GB upload.

My account, however, is frozen at 0.55, with 4.77GB download and 2.64GB upload...which is what I had last night before going to bed. So something caused my ratio to freeze overnight. :hmm:

Please help!

tomska
2005-11-02, 01:25 PM
hi, i've just downloaded my first show off TTD.i mostly use PLG and DAD.I have an above average ratio on both sites,i am seeding this show the share ratio is 2.5+ but i appear to have neither up or downloaded anything.Any advice?

U2Lynne
2005-11-02, 02:35 PM
tomska, are you downloading a recent show (one uploaded since July 2)? Torrents that were uploaded prior to July 2 will not do anything to your stats.

batou
2005-11-02, 07:14 PM
tomska, are you downloading a recent show (one uploaded since July 2)? Torrents that were uploaded prior to July 2 will not do anything to your stats.

All my downloads have been recent stuff. I know you weren't speaking to my U2Lynne....but just thought I would mention for whomever reviews my situation. :cool:

tomska
2005-11-03, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=U2Lynne]tomska, are you downloading a recent show (one uploaded since July 2)? Torrents that were uploaded prior to July 2 will not do anything to your stats, I have downloaded then uploaded the recent Blind Melon show posted a few days ago, my client is Bit Tornado and im not firewalled.

tarkus22
2005-11-08, 03:43 AM
U2Lynne, hi, just wanted to say that my upload ratio has not moved in over a week!
I have a window open right now on the Stevie Ray DVD and in the last few hours have uploaded almost half a gig without no movement in my ratio.
I will continue to keep this window open.
Also, last week i did not download anything and uploaded at least 2 gigs with no movement in my share ratio.
It is where it was over a week ago.
I read where you said if you download from one computer and log on from another it does not know what to do, i think thats my problem!
I dont think you have no set ratio we have to stay at, but it does look bad to have a large download and small upload ratio, and i am really trying too!
thanks!

U2Lynne
2005-11-08, 10:17 AM
tarkus, yes, it could definitely be mixed up because you are logging on from one computer and downloading from another. But, I also noticed you are using AOL and since that gives you a new IP all the time which can also screw things up because AOL could give your old IP to another TTD user and the stats could go to them.

Anyway, I couldn't figure out which user you were on the DVD. Why don't you send an email to [email protected] and let us know what your stats should be and we can manually adjust them.

skippy1
2005-11-08, 06:50 PM
My ratio has been stuck at 0.63 for about two weeks. I have downloaded stuff and uploaded things since then.
Thanks.

skippy1
2005-11-08, 06:52 PM
My ratio has been stuck at 0.63 for about two weeks. I have downloaded stuff and uploaded things since then.
Thanks.

To answer some questions asked of people here, I am only downloading from one location. I leave the torrents open to seed after I am finished. I had intended on seeding for awhile (I just got finished downloading Led Zep and Pink Floyd is almost done DVDs (over 8 Gb each) so I wanted to get my ratio back up. It hasn't moved in almost two weeks. I keep logged in and keep the torrents open.

U2Lynne
2005-11-08, 10:14 PM
Do you have links for the shows you are downloading? The only one I see you on is Cat Stevens.

cosmicdave
2005-11-09, 01:16 AM
Hey my ratio sucks and I can't access any torrents but I left my bittorrent client open until the uploads had dropped to nothing so what am I supposed to do to get a better ratio? This system doesn't make much sense. Any suggestions appreciated. :(
TIA

U2Lynne
2005-11-09, 10:10 AM
cosmicdave, there are a few things to do to get your ratio up:

- make sure you have your ports forwarded through your router or modem and through your PC firewall and any virus detection software
- get on a new torrent right away, don't get onto an old torrent
- make sure you have your upload rate set to 80% or it's maximum so you are uploading a lot but still are able to download
- only get on one or two torrents at a time and stay on each of them until you reach 1:1 and then go onto a new torrent
- watch the list of Torrents Needing Seeds (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/torrents.php?tor=orphans) and help someone out who is stranded.

And remember, you don't need to grab every single show you see. Set up some trades with people. Find other people who have similar tastes in music and say you will download Torrent 1 and they can download Torrent 2 and then you guys can trade.

skippy1
2005-11-10, 02:32 AM
Do you have links for the shows you are downloading? The only one I see you on is Cat Stevens.

It looks like I got tracked for a short time, but now it's been stalled for the last 24 hours...at 0.62 now. I"m at
(20.17 GB/12.44 GB/0.62)
I'm seeding the Led Zeppelin show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2442
and downloading the Pink Floyd show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4403
and Cat Stevens show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5750

The Led Zeppelin is seeding at about 5 kB/sec.
The Pink Floyd is really moving right now--19 DL, 16 UL.
The Cat Stevens is at 11 DL, 3 UL.

Thanks.

skippy1
2005-11-10, 11:07 AM
It looks like I got tracked for a short time, but now it's been stalled for the last 24 hours...at 0.62 now. I"m at
(20.17 GB/12.44 GB/0.62)
I'm seeding the Led Zeppelin show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2442
and downloading the Pink Floyd show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4403
and Cat Stevens show
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5750

The Led Zeppelin is seeding at about 5 kB/sec.
The Pink Floyd is really moving right now--19 DL, 16 UL.
The Cat Stevens is at 11 DL, 3 UL.

Thanks.

Never mind. I just did some more reading on this forum and checked into these two torrents (led zep and pf). They're from June. I thought they were newer than that. I guess if all else fails, read the directions! Duh!

Quatermass
2005-11-10, 02:58 PM
I don't understand my stats at all. My ratio is over 1 to 1 this morning yet my official ratio on the site is 0.70 which makes it look like I'm not seeding when I'm trying to play fair.

U2Lynne
2005-11-10, 05:31 PM
I don't understand my stats at all. My ratio is over 1 to 1 this morning yet my official ratio on the site is 0.70 which makes it look like I'm not seeding when I'm trying to play fair.
It was over 1 for a single torrent? Did you go logon from another computer sometimes today? That will screw up the tracker. You can hit the Contact Us link on the bottom of the page and tell us the numbers you think it should say and what torrent it was and we can manually update them for you.

run1
2005-11-12, 06:12 AM
Neither my upload or download is correct. I've competed the download of Bob Dylan - genuine live - 1966 (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=911), which is 2.84GB, and has seeded ca 64% at the moment (with a 57kb ul right now).

I'm also currently downloading REM 2001-05-21 (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8716&highlight=rem).

I'm using the latest version of abc. Tried your suggestions, but they didn't seem to do anything

U2Lynne
2005-11-12, 10:01 AM
run1, both of those shows are on the old tracker (shows uploaded to the site prior to July 2, 2005) which is why your stats aren't updating while you are on them. If your bt client keeps track of the stats for you, when you are done grabbing the REM show, email the siteadmin via the Contact Us link below and tell us what your upload/download was for both of those shows and we can manually adjust them for you.

Boy, that Bob Dylan one is our second longest running one and it's still going strong thanks to people like you who continue seeding!

run1
2005-11-12, 01:00 PM
U2Lynne,

I see. That makes sense. I'll mail the info later then.
Hopefully that Bob Dylan becomes almost a permanent fixture here. It's THAT good.
:)

raggedboy
2005-11-25, 03:12 AM
Hello, I've just downloaded this show http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14484
When I closed the window, it showed my ratio (on this particular show) was 1,83 but I haven't seen any changes in my stats.
Cheers.

jthixton
2005-12-08, 03:08 PM
I just uninstalled BitTorrent and installed Azureus..Now none of my stats update (downloading recent torrent file), and I'm not sure if I'm seeding what I completed downloading using BitTorrent. - Any suggestions?? :hmm:

jthixton
2005-12-08, 04:19 PM
I just uninstalled BitTorrent and installed Azureus..Now none of my stats update (downloading recent torrent file), and I'm not sure if I'm seeding what I completed downloading using BitTorrent. - Any suggestions?? :hmm:

Nevermind.. Sorry.. I am still figuring this out :stupid:

U2Lynne
2005-12-08, 05:21 PM
Are you uploading/downloading a torrent that was uploaded to the site after July 2? Torrents that were uploaded to the site prior to that date are on the old tracker and will not update your stats.

inoculator
2005-12-09, 05:15 PM
Hello. I Have a problem with my share ratio. I am using two computors for bittorrent- work and home. Somehow my download column has jumped to over 32000 terrabites! Is this related to using two computers? how do I fix this?

U2Lynne
2005-12-09, 06:18 PM
inoculator, that is... :eek2:. I know why this guys stats (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/member.php?u=65535) went wild (it had to do with the database table callout), but I have no idea how yours got that way since your userer number is nothng special to mysql. Do, you have any idea what your stats should look like - just in general? I can manually change them for you. I'm very, very baffled as to how that happened though.

Five
2005-12-09, 07:06 PM
:roflol:

we'll get that fixed up for you

that would be quite a list to post, 32,768.16 TB of shows! :eek:

ThisBrian
2005-12-10, 05:17 PM
My share ratio is always wrong. I've tried it all but it seems working is only a random occurrence. I mainly download DVDs from here and have, I think, 14 discs worth (roughly 60gigs). Not to mention the 10-20 shows I've gotten here... I'd like to try to keep at least a 1-1 but it's hard to keep track of myself... I was at 7gigs of download yesterday and just downloaded the Dead at Duke which is 8 gigs. 8+7=10.7 :hmm: :D

mysteryfunk
2005-12-10, 06:30 PM
my ratio is not going up. i'm seeding phish 2.16.97, and the bittorrent says i'm uploading at 50 kbs but my upload numbers are not going up, therefore my sahre ratio is not going up (stopped at .71).
what is up with that?
:confused:

mysteryfunk
2005-12-11, 02:38 AM
nevermind...it's working. not sure what the delay was earlier.
:)

inoculator
2005-12-12, 02:46 PM
inoculator, that is... :eek2:. I know why this guys stats (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/member.php?u=65535) went wild (it had to do with the database table callout), but I have no idea how yours got that way since your userer number is nothng special to mysql. Do, you have any idea what your stats should look like - just in general? I can manually change them for you. I'm very, very baffled as to how that happened though.
I think the problem came up as I was uploading gd 1980-10-31-dvdf. I try to upload at least to a share ratio of 1. I had uploaded 14 Gb when that torrent share ratio changed to 0.00. I let it upload to 16.5 GB before closing torrent. Prior to that I think My Traders Den total ratio was 1.4. I'll continue to upload more than I download. It's the best way to keep the whole thing healthy. Thanx for your time and help. :clap: :clap: :clap:

U2Lynne
2005-12-12, 02:56 PM
ThisBrian, let me know what you think your ratio/numbers should be and I can change them.

inoculator, I set your share ratio at about 1.5. We'll see what happens with it again. lol

PeterED
2005-12-14, 02:52 PM
I'm having a problem with the tracking on this torrent: U2 2005-04-15 Glendale, AZ u2vertivideo project (NTSC) 2-cam with DAT audio

I downloaded 4.15 GB and have seeded 4.77 for a share ratio of 1.147. According to TTD tracker I've dl 0.99 GB and ul 0 .99 for a ration of 1.01.

The torrent has been stopped and Azureus closed a number of times since I've started.

Any suggestions?

ps - I'm using Azureus 2.3.0.6 on Win XP sp 2.

U2Lynne
2005-12-14, 02:59 PM
PeterED, did you logon to TTD from another computer at some time during your download? That will confuse the tracker a bit since it updates stats based on your current IP.

PeterED
2005-12-14, 03:17 PM
PeterED, did you logon to TTD from another computer at some time during your download? That will confuse the tracker a bit since it updates stats based on your current IP.

I don't think so (I might have checked the site over the weekend to see what was new but I didn't ul or dl anything.)

Pete

Spacefuzzed
2005-12-15, 04:56 AM
Ehm, I'm a new member here, but I downloaded two complete torrents (The Mars Volta show in FLAC and the Jack Johnson TV Tour) and am busy with a Smashing Pumpkins DVD, but I noticed my download isn't more then 450 mb, and I have been seeding those two for completes for quite a while, and the SP DVD has a 0.3 ratio by now, but that can never be a total of 16,777,216.00 TB. My ratio is very high right now, but this isn't correct...
How can this be/how can I fix this? Guess I ain't as familiar with bittorrents as I thought I was.

U2Lynne
2005-12-15, 10:19 AM
Another one totally out of whack. I wish I knew why it is doing this at times. Very, very weird. What bittorrent client are you using? I wonder if it's one that pounds the tracker and so it updates you all the times and it just goes wild with the updates? :hmm: I gave you a 1:1 ratio for those two shows you downloaded. Let's see what happens to your stats now.

Spacefuzzed
2005-12-15, 03:05 PM
Tnx for fixing it!!

I'm using BitLord 1.1
I also noticed that I have troubles with my ports, I don't know if this got anything to do with it. I live in a kind of campus, and all the rooms in my unit share one internetconnection. I read al kinds of stuf with routers and port forwarding and stuff, and it's all a bit vague to me what exactly has to be done with it (my english isn't thát great :disbelief). I only get local connections. This is probably entirely off-topic, but maybe it has something to do with it...

U2Lynne
2005-12-15, 03:57 PM
Your ratio problem was because of BitLord. That client is famous for pounding trackers. In fact, DIME has banned the client and is giving people just a couple of weeks to stop using it or they lose their account there.

As for the ports and living on campus... I have heard many people say that you can forget about forwarding your ports while on campus unless you are real good friends with the IT guy there.

Spacefuzzed
2005-12-16, 03:50 AM
Ok, thanks a lot, for pointing that out...
But do you have any suggestion for a good client? Or are the rest of the client equally good, and is Bitlord the only one that's so bad? Then I will finish the torrents I have with BitLord and start using another one!!

U2Lynne
2005-12-16, 10:10 AM
There are several clients listed in our Software FAQ (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_software). I'm a Mac person and I use Azureus, which is also available for PC users. There are threads in Technobabble where people have asked which is the best client. You might want to do a search on it here.

bvaz
2005-12-23, 05:18 AM
My upload # has not changed since about noon yesterday. I've been uploading the Phish 6/23/89 DVD torrent all day yesterday. I've clicked on the update tracker option (which always works) and still there is not a change.

I have no idea how much I have not been given credit for and since there is not a ratio enforcement on the site, it is not a big deal. I am just trying to get my ratio up to ver 1 and was wondering if there are issues with the tracker.

U2Lynne
2005-12-23, 10:37 AM
bvaz, I'm not sure why it isn't updating for you. I can see it doesn't even show that you are on that torrent, so obviously that is part of the problem. Did you start your torrent at one IP and then log on from another? That will confuse the tracker (it keeps track of stats by IP addy).

bvaz
2005-12-23, 12:53 PM
bvaz, I'm not sure why it isn't updating for you. I can see it doesn't even show that you are on that torrent, so obviously that is part of the problem. Did you start your torrent at one IP and then log on from another? That will confuse the tracker (it keeps track of stats by IP addy).
I closed it down because I started a new torrent this morning and I didn't want to water down my upload speeds. My stats are updating now with the current torrent so it was just this one that didn't update. It's no big deal. It was probably only a GB or less that didn't update on my stats so I am not worried about it.

thanks for looking into it though.

doberman
2005-12-28, 12:45 PM
I am using Bit Tornado T 0.3.10 and am getting very mixed results on my share ratio - I have left open Mule 12496 Torrent for not quite 2 weeks since I finished the download - my share ratio has hardly budged - I have shut it down reset my router several times - - one time it made a very small jump - I also kept my window open for about a week on a Beatles torrent but it was on the old tracker - I have downloaded other shows as well - seems to track my downloading OK - I have plenty of down bandwidth but not lots of up - not much I can do here - have opened ports have green lights etc. - I only have one provider available in my neighborhood (without going to sat)

U2Lynne
2005-12-28, 12:57 PM
Well, I notice you have several IP addresses, so it could be that you were on the torrent and then logged on from a different IP and so that confused the tracker on who you were. The tracker keeps track of stats based on the IP address. If you are torrenting from one, and then log on from another, it won't know who you are. (not sure if that makes sense). If something gets messed up real bad, just send us an email using the Contact Us link below and tell us how much we should adjust your stats.

doberman
2005-12-28, 06:59 PM
I only have one computer I log in from - must be my ISP that switches the IP address?

titeuf
2005-12-29, 12:54 PM
hi
I'm seeding the beatles complete yellow dog, and I'm about 1.3 gb but my ratio is still with 1.54/289 mb...? will be running for 5 or 6 hours more, but how get the right ratio ? I'm using bit tornado.
thanks

titeuf
2005-12-30, 09:02 AM
hi
I'm seeding the beatles complete yellow dog, and I'm about 1.3 gb but my ratio is still with 1.54/289 mb...? will be running for 5 or 6 hours more, but how get the right ratio ? I'm using bit tornado.
thanks
still no update today, but I'm always here.... ;)

U2Lynne
2005-12-30, 11:38 AM
titeuf, I gave you credit for your upload. I'm not really sure why your stats aren't updating. :hmm:

titeuf
2005-12-30, 05:26 PM
titeuf, I gave you credit for your upload. I'm not really sure why your stats aren't updating. :hmm:
cool, many thanks U2Lynne for your time and help.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

phonsie
2006-01-01, 01:58 AM
Can I get my ratio updated please?

I've downloaded 1.64Gb and uploaded 2.12Gb

Cheers,

P.

europhan
2006-01-04, 06:10 PM
Can I please have my ratios updated? I have completely downloaded Phish 4/4/98 Providence Island Tour show. I downloaded over two sessions, using Bit Tornado 3.7. I have Windows XP. First session I downloaded 6.591GB and uploaded 9.655GB for a share ratio of +1.465. My second session I downloaded 2.120GB and uploaded 3.837GB for a share ratio of +1.810. My total download was 8.711GB and my total upload was 13.492GB. Thanks.

U2Lynne
2006-01-04, 06:35 PM
europhan, the reason why your stats didn't update is because that show is on the old tracker which won't update stats. I did manually update them for you, though.

shuggy
2006-01-05, 05:37 AM
Happy New Year U2Lynne. Now the bad news. My stats were zeroed out. :eek: My last visit before today was 8-14-05 (I've been doing other stuff and travelling). :lol: So I'm back in the game and fortunately I'm organized. I have all of my completed torrents in Azureus organized by site of origin. For TDEN I've got 19 completed torrents with all of essential stats: d/l, u/l, ratio, etc. I couldn't find any way in Azureus to copy nor export the details of these completed torrents. What's the best way for me to get the details of these 19 torrents to you? Or do you just need a total u/l and d/l amount? If you need the details, I could alt+printscreen a screen shot of Azureus with the details showing and email it to you. Just a thought. :hmm: By the way you're the best. I'll never forget how you helped me get that placebo show after the torrent attach file dropped when the thread went inactive and you've bailed me out on a couple of choice u2 shows over the years. Heck I don't even know if you really are a woman. If you are, baby got back. :nono: Did you know I fell in love once with a user and their PJ Harvey avatar but it turned out to be a dude? I had dreamed many times about being on that bed in that hotel room....in that avatar....with PJ Harvey, not the dude. Well, lesson learned; chock that one up to experience, torrent-style. So I'm ramblin on here but cut me some slack, laugh it off and remember this: even though I didn't call as much as I should have.....you know that willie nelson tune.....humm aa few bars -- it will make you smile -- Keep it up; somebody out here still loves ya baby! By the way, when am I getting my STG t-shirt?

U2Lynne
2006-01-05, 10:11 AM
Hey Shuggy, are you sure you ever had stats? We didn't start keeping them until July and then it was only for the shows that were upped to the tracker after July. You can just send your total up/down to the Contact Us link below and we can manually change your stats for you.

As for the PJ Harvey avatar, are you thinking of feralicious? She is still around here and flashing that avatar everyonce in a while. And, I really am a female, however, that isn't really me in the avatar. As for that STG shirt, you'll get yours probably about the same time I get mine. :D

Happy New Year!

bvm
2006-01-08, 06:12 AM
Hey, Ive recently changed computers, and therefore IP's (temporarily) and been doing some hard uploading, so I was wondering if my stats could be updated.

Ive done 712mb on 4-27-69filmorewest (557mb) and 1.43GB on Sgt Page(1.26GB)

What will happen when I change ip back??

U2Lynne
2006-01-08, 12:20 PM
bvn, I updated your stats.

The way the tracker works is when you log onto the main site, it grabs your IP. Then every so often, your bittorrent client talks to the tracker and updates your stats. When you talk to the tracker, you are just an IP to it. So, the tracker goes and looks up your IP in the database. If you had just logged onto the site from the same IP you were torrenting from, then everything is fine and it updates your stats correctly. However, things get confusing if you are torrenting from home (IP#1) and then you go to work and login (IP#2) because now, when your torrent talks to the tracker, it goes looking for IP#1 and can't find it because you have just logged on using IP#2.

Long story short...... login to the site from where you are torrenting and things should be OK. :)

ColinM
2006-01-09, 02:11 AM
I might as well ask for an update. It's the Hendrix show and I was just about to stop it for this session. I tried to stop, shut it down and restart, but no luck.

And nevermind that yeller light. It's a new thing for me with Azureus 2.3.0.6. I'm connectable everywhere I go.

U2Lynne
2006-01-09, 10:51 AM
Gotcha, Colin!

ront50
2006-01-10, 02:59 PM
First let me say great site and this is the first time I have been here! Having said that (and like other users) I do believe there is some pride in ensuring that your upload is good even if you dont enforce ratios.

Having said that.. I have downloaded my first torrent, and the 3.96 is dead on but so far I have uploaded 1.29 gb and only 897mb is reported. That is approx 15% out and will only get worse the more that is uploaded.

I am using G3 as a client and have no problems anywhere else. The stats are always dead on... because ratios do count.

Please dont misunderstand my post as complaining, rather just want things to be set right.

Thank you for any attention to this matter!

Cheers
Ront50

U2Lynne
2006-01-10, 03:32 PM
Hi Ront50, welcome to the site. I'm not sure when your stats got messed up, but we did have a hiccup this morning in the database, so perhaps your stats got messed up then. I did update them for you.

ront50
2006-01-10, 03:55 PM
Thank you.. I have started seeding again and will let you know how it works out!

Cheers

Ront50

shuggy
2006-01-10, 05:25 PM
U2Lynne, you're right. I checked the dates for my tden torrents and all of them were pre-July 2005. My mistake; no action required. Will start anew.

YES! Feralicious is mighty delicious. Is Feralicious female? She helped me out on STG when my BTD (Bittorrent disorder) began. I remember begging for a seed on a PJ Harvey show way back when and Feralicious came to the rescue. I do occasionally daydream about 4 track demos and that bed in the motel room of her avatar. :nono:

Hey Shuggy, are you sure you ever had stats? We didn't start keeping them until July and then it was only for the shows that were upped to the tracker after July. You can just send your total up/down to the Contact Us link below and we can manually change your stats for you.

As for the PJ Harvey avatar, are you thinking of feralicious? She is still around here and flashing that avatar everyonce in a while. And, I really am a female, however, that isn't really me in the avatar. As for that STG shirt, you'll get yours probably about the same time I get mine. :D

Happy New Year!

eric9
2006-01-10, 11:23 PM
thanks traders den and everyone seeding for all the incredible stuff!! this stuff is invaluable, and i am very grateful to have found a site where i can freely download it. just one small issue to speak of: my stats seem to be off. the only reason i am even posting concerning this issue is for fear of being viewed as a leech, or a snatcher. my current share ratio is a mere .36 with only 4.77 gb uploaded. this is odd because i have two complete downloads seeding, and with these two alone, my stats reveal that i have uploaded at least 7 gb. i am feverishly trying to get my ratio up, forced seeding, stopping downloads, etc., but my ratio is only slowly crawling up. i've tried exiting my client and reopening it numerous times, and unless i am missing something, these two torrents seem to be of TTD (umphrey's bonnaroo dvd & the only string cheese dvd). any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

also, being somewhat of a newbie, could someone possibly direct me to info concerning ports (whether mine are open, and if not how to open one or many)
thanks much!!

U2Lynne
2006-01-10, 11:30 PM
eric, it looks like you are uploading at least one torrent (the String Cheese one) that is on the old tracker. Any show uploaded to the site prior to July 2 is on the old tracker. The old tracker is unable to keep track of stats which is why yours aren't updating from that show.

If you want, you can send an email to the Contact Us link below with your upload/download for the String Cheese DVD and we can manually update your stats.

And, if you open up the Peers list on a torrent that you are on (if it's on the new tracker) and your port is in red, then you are firewalled. I have some links in my signature which can help. You can also post in Technobabble for further assistance.

eric9
2006-01-11, 03:59 AM
much thanks for your quick reply u2lynne!!
also, thank you for the port links! i was in the red, but no longer :)
my download speeds have increased tremendously!! :lol: :D
i also sent my cheese info to the contact link.
thanks again,
eric

rocktard
2006-01-11, 06:25 PM
I uploaded about 3.8 Gig on this torrent:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums...ghlight=Beatles

Yet I was not given credit for downloading or uploading. I found out later it was on the old tracker. Could I have a stats adjustment? Thanks guys.
Robin

U2Lynne
2006-01-11, 07:34 PM
rocktard, you did something to that link. I just need to know how much download to give you credit for along with the 3.8 GB upload.

rocktard
2006-01-11, 09:04 PM
I downloaded 2.13 gig. Sorry I forgot to add that. :)

U2Lynne
2006-01-11, 10:11 PM
OK, I fixed them for you.

rocktard
2006-01-11, 10:59 PM
Much appreciated, U2Lynne. :)

quietcats
2006-01-13, 08:54 AM
Hi
I'm sorry to say that I'm not showing any stats here or showing in the peers list although from my completed figure I think I can 'see' me! I'm on the REM with Nick Harcourt torrent.
Will this make a problem for me to join any torrents in the future?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

U2Lynne
2006-01-13, 09:57 AM
Hi Quietcats,

Your 'problem' is that you use AOL. Everytime you login to AOL, you get a new IP address. The problem arises because that happens to others also and then they login to the site and some of them get an IP address that you used to have (your current one has been used by three other people on this site) and the tracker gets confused about who to give the stats to.

You can either post the up/down that needs to be added to your stats or you can send and email to the Contact Us link below and we can adjust your stats for you.