PDA

View Full Version : DVD won't play

Nirvanafan
2011-06-29, 10:25 PM
I was on the Internet Archive to get a video for my friend. I downloaded an MPEG2 file, and it will not play on anything. I have tried burning it with Imgburn, DVD Flick, nothing is working.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

xjsb125
2011-06-29, 11:18 PM
If you are burning the .mpg file directly to a disc, then it probably won't be recognized in a standalone player. The audio and video streams would need to be separated into .m2v and .whateveraudioformatithasbutshouldprobablybeac3orwav. Throw it into the authoring program of your choice, burn the VIDEO_TS to a disc, and enjoy the show.

paddington
2011-06-30, 12:43 AM
I was on the Internet Archive to get a video for my friend. I downloaded an MPEG2 file, and it will not play on anything. I have tried burning it with Imgburn, DVD Flick, nothing is working.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

what is the file extension?

is it Nirvana.mpeg or is it something like VTS_01_0.VOB ?

Nirvanafan
2011-06-30, 07:38 AM
If you are burning the .mpg file directly to a disc, then it probably won't be recognized in a standalone player. The audio and video streams would need to be separated into .m2v and .whateveraudioformatithasbutshouldprobablybeac3orwav. Throw it into the authoring program of your choice, burn the VIDEO_TS to a disc, and enjoy the show.

Thank you, I'm trying this right now.

And, the extension is .mpeg.

saltman
2011-07-06, 12:23 PM
I think you've got it now. mpeg isn't a DVD. Your mpeg might not be mpeg2 which is dvd format also so you will have to degrade the quality by rendering again to get it to a DVD compliant mpeg2. If it is you are going to want to make sure that your DVD authoring software doesn't re-render it.