PDA

View Full Version : Region Error

dbower
2005-07-08, 09:43 PM
I dl'ed Pink Floyd Live 8, burned with Nero 5.

Get a region error when I try to play in a Sony DVP-nc60p
(Although it plays fine in an Apex player).

Any suggestions on burning this in a Region-free format,
or know of a hack to use on the player?

Thanks in Advance

AAR.oner
2005-07-08, 10:06 PM
its proabably in because the DVD's in PAL format, and yer player is a NTSC device...apex's play both formats...you can try this, to trick yer DVD player into thinkin its NTSC [read rherron's post about half way down]
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6599&highlight=NTSC+convert

U2Lynne
2005-07-08, 10:48 PM
This is really strange to read this... I just got an email from someone saying they are getting a "playback prohibited by area limitations" error when they tried to play their *downloaded* DVD on their DVD player (homemade DVDs should not get this error). I googled the error and saw that it came up a whole lot in regards to Sony DVD players. So, I asked him if he had a Sony, and sure enough, he did.

I couldn't find a solution to it though. I'd suggest going to videohelp.com and see if they have a solution to this weird problem.

AAR.oner
2005-07-08, 10:56 PM
interesting Lynne :hmm:

so dbower, which Floyd DVD are you referring to?

Five
2005-07-09, 12:11 AM
I've read repeatedly that a cheapo $40 DVD player will play pretty much anything, it's just the expensive high-quality ones that get all fussy... how strange is that? :confused:

dbower
2005-07-09, 08:25 AM
AAR.oner,

Your advice did the trick! Thank you.
Use ifoedit to change the ifo file to trick the player into
thinking it is NTSC.

Thanks again!

AAR.oner
2005-07-09, 08:37 AM
:wave: glad it worked

note--you should save the show in its *original* format [PAL in this case] for archiving and trading...this "tricked" copy should only be used for personal viewing