PDA

View Full Version : My download finished, I'm trying to get to 1:1.5

rjs02
2005-07-08, 05:30 PM
...but my upload is 2k and I have about 1,000MB to go before I get a 1:1.5. Do I leave the window open or give up after a while??? I don't think anyone is downloading the show I'm connected to right now...

Thanks for any info.

Ted
2005-07-08, 05:47 PM
If no one is trying to download right now, you can still leave the window open and when someone wants that torrent, you'll be all ready with it.

Your ratio won't change for that torrent until someone downloads from you.

TheRealMe
2005-07-08, 05:53 PM
What kind of a connection do you have? If you're on dial up, then yes, that's going to take quite a while. If you're on broadband...then you should be able to go much faster.

Ted
2005-07-08, 06:05 PM
I don't think anyone is downloading the show I'm connected to right now...His type of connection really doesn't matter if no one's using it. The 2K "may" be communication with the tracker or maybe he's wrong about no one being connected to him. We can't be sure since we don't know the client.

rjs02
2005-07-08, 07:51 PM
I have a broadband connection which I've seen reaching upload speeds in the 30s. The upload has been 0-2 all day. I want to be fair and let people get a 1:1.5 off of my connection but at this rate it would take a month... ;^)

Ted
2005-07-08, 08:48 PM
If no one is trying to download from you, then there is nothing you can do about it. You can either leave the window open in the event that someone else needs to get the files from you or you can close it and move on to the next download.

I wouldn't worry about it, and thank you for being considerate of others in trying to upload all you can :)

Someone has to be one of the last ones to get a torrent. Maybe you were one of the last.

rjs02
2005-07-08, 10:05 PM
I'll leave it open overnight and check it in the morning... Thanks!!!

:D

AAR.oner
2005-07-08, 10:27 PM
first, check the show's *first post* to make sure there are no leechers d/ling from you [it'll be at the bottom]...

if there is no one d/ling from you for a day or so, i used to just shut down and save the thread's link to my browser...then i would check that thread once or twice a day for reseed requests...if someone asked, i'd reopen my window for them. simple. :D

dancin_carrot
2005-07-09, 11:26 AM
If you use Azureus you can stop the torrent but leave it in the seeding section. It will continue to update the seeds/peers columns, so you can see if someone comes on, or if all the seeds drop off. That's how I have been trying to help seed the Beatles Flood Torrents.

Thanks for seedin'... :thumbsup :thumbsup

tunic
2005-07-10, 03:26 AM
You should make sure you aren't firewalled. If you are, then people may have trouble connecting to you... So if you have a firewall (including the one that's integrated with Win XP), or a router then you should open up the port that your bittorrent client is using.
Some trackers have some form of letting yoiu know that you're firewalled, by marking the port in brackets or something like that. This tracker doesn't unfortunately...