PDA

View Full Version : Help! Someone's downloading under my name

sewolawen73
2011-05-12, 07:44 PM
I just looked at my activity and I see that I'm downloading Ozzy Osbourne 1981-04-28 [Randy Rhoads '78-'82] (NTSC) (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20908), which is strange because I already downloaded that and seeding it. I just shut my Vuze program and this "download" is still going from a different port. Someone please tell me what's going on and who do I contact to resolve this?
:wtf:

overgrown ape
2011-05-12, 07:56 PM
Did you share or send the original torrent file with a friend or anything like that?

sewolawen73
2011-05-12, 07:58 PM
Nope, not at all. Also the "downloader" is downloading from a different port than mine.

overgrown ape
2011-05-12, 08:10 PM
Does someone have access to your username and account?
If so change your password.

Is Vuze currently running in task manager? If so "end task"

Try and contact an Admin if you haven't already.

Wish I could be more help...I'm sure you feel violated. That sucks :(

sewolawen73
2011-05-12, 08:41 PM
I hope this is just some technical glitch that's causing this.

jabulon
2011-05-13, 07:04 AM
According to your profile page and the Ozzy thread you aren't downloading and/or uploading it any more. If it is still running in your client, try to find out (besides the port number) what the IP-address is.

sewolawen73
2011-05-13, 07:13 AM
According to your profile page and the Ozzy thread you aren't downloading and/or uploading it any more. If it is still running in your client, try to find out (besides the port number) what the IP-address is.

Unfortunately this "download" finished overnight so I wasn't able to get any of this info in time to send. Stupid of me I know. Strange thing is my name is not even listed under Last Few Who Completed on that Ozzy/Rhoads DVD post.

sewolawen73
2011-05-13, 07:37 AM

I just did some fiddling with Vuze and got the IP address of the perpetrator. Hope this helps.

jabulon
2011-05-13, 07:47 AM
I just did some fiddling with Vuze and got the IP address of the perpetrator. Hope this helps.

I assume this is a different ip than yours right? I'm no internet detective (may be just for finding shows) but I'm sure there are other members who are.

What I would do is the following. Change your current password for this site. Send a message to the mods explaining your situation and I am sure they can do something with the IP you just gave.

direwolf-pgh
2011-05-13, 08:00 AM
I'm thinking you're a bit confused. if you see this again attempt a screen capture.

AAR.oner
2011-05-13, 08:07 AM
no users registered here with that IP addy [looks to be based outta TN]

but my knowledge re: the techy side of bittorrent is nil, so i've got no explanation for ya

sewolawen73
2011-05-13, 08:10 AM
I doubt it's a registered user since they seem to have hacked in my account to download a torrent. Why wouldn't they use their own if they registered properly?

no users registered here with that IP addy [looks to be based outta TN]

but my knowledge re: the techy side of bittorrent is nil, so i've got no explanation for ya

direwolf-pgh
2011-05-13, 08:23 AM
if someone hacked your account you wouldn't see the data flow on your personal workstation.
the issue is elsewhere - sorry.

AAR.oner
2011-05-13, 08:34 AM
my guess would be its a Vuze issue...being that its Java based, i'd suspect theres plenty of holes

change password here for safety, and i'd switch bt clients to something not Java based

sewolawen73
2011-05-13, 09:54 AM
Here is some more proof. I attached here 3 screenshoots.

Screen1 shows my workstation. Notice that I happen to be seeding two torrents - The Ozzy Randy/Rhoads DVD and a Spiritual Beggars DVD. There's one problem: I have since deleted the Ozzy/Rhoads DVD torrent from my drive so this is obviously NOT ME.

Screen2 shows the seeders for the Ozzy/Rhoads DVD. Notice the port the perpetrator is using = 15224 . Also yet again, I AM NO LONGER SEEDING this from my Vuze and have deleted it from my drive. This is the person that "downloaded" using my username.

Screen3 shows the seeder for the Spiritual Beggars DVD which I AM seeding and my port is actually set up as 50231.

This all happening right now so does this make my problem more clear?

direwolf-pgh
2011-05-13, 11:07 AM
nope. a hacker would not appear on your local wrkstn - you're stats would change at the server here but you wouldnt see anything on your local client.

sorry - its you/your wrkstn

jabulon
2011-05-13, 11:18 AM
Have you done a recent scan off your HD? May be that comes up with something. And like Aaron said change client.

sewolawen73
2011-05-13, 11:24 AM
Yes I did a scan and nothing came up. I don't know why this would continue happening after I shut off my torrents before shutting off Vuze completely. And I did find the IP address of where the download was coming from. Very frustrating to say the least.

Drgiggles1
2011-05-23, 10:02 AM
Check your VUZE configuration. UPnP port mapping ? Randomize port each start ? Should be unchecked. I haven't used VUZE in a couple years so cant be to much helpful.