PDA

View Full Version : Strange Web Thing... Malware?

bluzman
2011-04-19, 09:09 PM
I was using my Mac at work and was in google and clicked on a photo after I selected to look in images. I got the prompt window attached. There is no way to click out of the prompt window but it moves. So I ended up forcing quit of Firefox. When restarted Firefox that prompt window comes up in Firefox... I shut down the Mac and left the office...

Tonight at home on a totally different Mac and a totally different IP, I was again in the google images when I was searching for a picture of a guitar. I click on a picture and got the same prompt window.

I went into preferences and into privacy and made it so I wouldn't accept cookies from imagescannerprotectionwin.com and then I did a force quit and started a new session.

I never clicked the "OK". What will happen if I do?

Does anybody know what this is? I've never had this happen before... never mind twice in a day.

AAR.oner
2011-04-20, 05:36 AM
never seen that...are you running Windows on the Macs via Parallels, BootCamp, etc?

i would try scanning yer comp for any heebeejeebees...i use Sophos, its free:
http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/endpoint/endpoint-security-and-data-protection/components/anti-virus-protection/mac.aspx

bluzman
2011-04-20, 11:20 AM
Thanks...

I run OS X 10.6.7... no windows.

The domain where the attack is coming from is new.

daddyray
2011-04-20, 11:26 AM
perhaps try camino (which is a more mac centric firefox) I get less alerts n pop ups since I switched..I have found browser sensitive stuff happening with firefox...
just an idea.