PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable Lineage?

trustthex
2011-03-06, 03:10 PM
Recording Unit: Micro Track II 24/96 w/ Cardioid Microphones

Is this an acceptable lineage for a show taped within the last month, seeded on this tracker?

There's tons of trade discs that are getting converted and seeded, and most lineage info on them is non-existent; but I think that is a somewhat different category.

dcbullet
2011-03-07, 11:09 AM
Sure, what do you think is the issue? That tapes to wav, right? So the only think left would be software for splitting tracks and any "mastering" stuff, if any.

trustthex
2011-03-07, 11:59 AM
I dunno.

"Audience" alone is forbidden, but "Mics" > Recorder is acceptable... I guess I'm beating a dead horse here :horse:, since this type of lineage is seen all the time with trade discs. But I'm pretty sure I've seen freezer discs banned for the same thing (not that I really want to open that can of worms). Also, in this case the seed is coming presumably from the source; if you got a great pull with an ecm-717, fantastic! ;)

dcbullet
2011-03-07, 01:24 PM
We would not allow recent show with no lineage. We do allow old shows that are cdr traded.

I don't see what you want more that mics>recorder when the recorder records in wav? software for mastering and cutting? yes I'd like that.

freezer
2011-03-08, 08:41 PM
I dunno.

......... "Audience" alone is forbidden, but "Mics" > Recorder is acceptable... I guess I'm beating a dead horse here :horse:, since this type of lineage is seen all the time with trade discs. But I'm pretty sure I've seen freezer discs banned for the same thing (not that I really want to open that can of worms).

Thanks for opening that can o' woims, but those discs weren't 'banned' because of the lineage, but the controversy begins just because they came from me and there's an ABT mod or two that despises anything that comes out of my cold storage.....

If that Robin Trower 061574 ever turns up at this site, watch for the knee jerk commotion over that one.

enjoy........... ;)

jabulon
2011-03-09, 04:34 PM
(not that I really want to open that can of worms).

too late for that now.

freezer
2011-03-09, 09:34 PM
(not that I really want to open that can of worms).

too late for that now.

no no, you know it's just what he wanted to do.

otherwise he wouldn't have invoked my name, would he?

he knew what he was doing.

say what you want about trusty, he's always been sharp as a razor, he did it on purpose.

trustthex
2011-03-10, 01:02 AM
:wave:

My point is I hate bullshit lineages... If "trade cdr > EAC > TLH (flac8)" is the best you got, it's the starting circulating lineage until someone replaces/upgrades it with a better one. This recording is coming from the source & they are obfuscating the lineage needlessly, if not intentionally; which is bullshit.

:popcorn:

trustthex
2011-03-10, 01:05 AM
Also, it is my conspiracy theory that the 73generation copy of some Zep show was actually a fresh transfer from the master, and that makes me smile.