PDA

View Full Version : Playing a DVD without sound

rendogski
2004-11-26, 09:44 AM
hi ,

I just finished downloading this and i don't have any sound , what's the deal?

RainDawg
2004-11-26, 09:51 AM
hi ,

I just finished downloading this and i don't have any sound , what's the deal?
You're going to have to give us a little bit more information than that! What are using to play, burn, etc? What OS are you on? How can anyone diagnose the issue if all the know is the basic problem?

Please post over in the Technobabble section with the complete details of what you've done and how you're trying to play the files back, and someone will help you.

rendogski
2004-11-26, 09:53 AM
ive used elecard mpeg2 player, realplayer nothing seems to work , all my other DVD's work on my computer, i get perfect visual but no audio other than that i don't know what to tell you

RainDawg
2004-11-26, 10:45 AM
I've split these comments from the main thread and moved them to Technobabble, where they belong....

The audiotrack on this DVD is using AC3 (Dolby Digital), which won't play back on many software packages. I don't know what elecard is, but realplayer certainly won't be able to render AC3 audio.

If you're playing back DVD-Videos on your computer, I recommend using a true DVD playback software and directing it to the Video_TS folder in file mode. Any useful package designed for playing DVDs will contain an AC3 decoder.

For a freeware option, I recommend VLC:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I personally use PowerDVD 4, which came with my DVD drive, and it can play ac3 and everything else well. WinDVD is another option for pay-for-use software.

mxz440fan
2004-11-26, 11:03 AM
I never get any sound when I use PowerDVD :(

Try burning the DVD and playing it on a standalone.

rendogski
2004-11-26, 12:14 PM
sorry new here didn't know where to post,

Thanks for the help

U2Lynne
2004-11-26, 12:54 PM
Actually, for playing the files on your computer, I highly recommend VLC as Stephen posted. It plays just about anything. I use it on my Mac and I've also recommended it to countless people for use on their PCs. It plays this show just fine. So do my Mac DVD player.

Five
2004-11-26, 01:07 PM
another :thumbsup to VLC!!