PDA

View Full Version : External Blu Ray Drive for Mac

Tejano Scott
2010-11-15, 11:57 AM
I figured this would be a good place to ask... I am wishing to buy an external Blu Ray drive for the SOLE REASON of burning the Blu Ray video torrents that are becoming more available on this site.

I have a relatively new iMac, running latest version of OSX, and have bought the blu ray plug in for Roxio Toast. I am hoping all I need now is the burner. Can any mac users link me to a good quality blu ray drive I can easily use for burning blu ray torrents?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this subject has been discussed in other places. I did use the search key, but was not overwhelmed by the response (or clever enough to type in the right magic words).

jhm
2010-11-15, 01:03 PM
I figured this would be a good place to ask... I am wishing to buy an external Blu Ray drive for the SOLE REASON of burning the Blu Ray video torrents that are becoming more available on this site.

I have a relatively new iMac, running latest version of OSX, and have bought the blu ray plug in for Roxio Toast. I am hoping all I need now is the burner. Can any mac users link me to a good quality blu ray drive I can easily use for burning blu ray torrents?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this subject has been discussed in other places. I did use the search key, but was not overwhelmed by the response (or clever enough to type in the right magic words).

I don't know if this will help you (as I'm a PC user) but I built my own via Newegg. I bought an internal Blu Ray burner/reader and then bought an external enclosure. It took me about 5 mins to put together. This should work for you if you wanted to go that route. It has both USB and Sata outputs. If you'd like links, send me a PM. This was about nine months ago and it cost me about $200 to make. It may be less now.

AAR.oner
2010-11-15, 02:38 PM
don't have a BR drive, but i've never had a problem with any of my Plextor DVD/CD writers

Tejano Scott
2010-11-18, 05:06 PM
Hey y'all... I ended up going with the option that HarpuaFSB recommended for me:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/MRF8UEBDW10/

Seems like a great company. I ended up getting a 4TB hard drive from them as well, so I hope they give Harpua his commission.