PDA

View Full Version : Itunes won't rip.

tonebloke
2010-09-20, 06:15 AM
I'm ripping a handful of original CD's for my mother-in-laws Ipod. A couple of them won't rip. ITunes seems to stop ripping the 1st track with 2 seconds to go.
I also tried EAC - same thing.
There is no damage on the disks.

Any ideas.

Is there a ripper out there that will do the job.

paddington
2010-09-20, 10:02 AM
be sure error correction is on in EAC and in iTunes.

are the discs dirty? CDRs?

sounds like they are just bad -

or -

your drive is old and weak.

when I was riping my big initial rip project into iTunes in 2007 or so, i wore out two drives. They just got weak and didn't read anymore.

tonebloke
2010-09-22, 04:09 AM

or -

when I was riping my big initial rip project into iTunes in 2007 or so, i wore out two drives. They just got weak and didn't read anymore.

Hi J.
Error correction is on in EAC. Not sure about iTunes.
Disks are Retails - brand new.

I'm running a desktop and a laptop - both running Vista. EAC and iTunes are set up on both. The iTunes on the laptop is a newer version. None will rip.

Thulani
2010-09-22, 04:40 AM
Try on another computer without Vista, Itunes or EAC. On my Windows7 never had problems with EAC on riping CDs, but I had when burning. Maybe you get lucky.

paddington
2010-09-22, 08:15 AM

or -

Hi J.
Error correction is on in EAC. Not sure about iTunes.
Disks are Retails - brand new.

I'm running a desktop and a laptop - both running Vista. EAC and iTunes are set up on both. The iTunes on the laptop is a newer version. None will rip.

uh oh

find an older silver commercial disc and try it

tonebloke
2010-09-23, 04:15 AM
uh oh

All up I've done about 80 disks for her. She bought a dozen the other week; all ripped fine except 3. They play fine but I can't grab them.

Is there another extractor out there I could try ?

Thulani
2010-09-23, 04:57 AM
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-CD-Rippers-Encoders/BonkEnc.shtml

paddington
2010-09-23, 12:05 PM
uh oh

All up I've done about 80 disks for her. She bought a dozen the other week; all ripped fine except 3. They play fine but I can't grab them.

Is there another extractor out there I could try ?

if it rips older discs, but not these new ones, I'm afraid there migth be some kind of new copy-protection BS going on...

google to see if other people are having the same problem with same discs? Is it a popular artist(s)?

tonebloke
2010-09-24, 03:54 AM
The artist is Slim Dusty. He was/is popular down here up until he died a couple of years ago. I can't see his record company releasing clamped CD's.

I've had enough. The mother-outlaw can do without.

corian
2010-09-24, 07:26 AM
Ever try that free program that came with the computer, I think it's called Windows Media Player?