PDA

View Full Version : Burning issue

starchild31
2010-09-17, 08:23 PM
Sounds like i should try some cream for that... Anyway, sometimes when I burn CDs with Winamp from flac or wav files, the burn doesn't come out right. The resulting CD has a weird kind of static sound, almost like reel rub or scratchy vinyl. When I retry the burn it usually comes out OK, so I don't know what is causing it. I don't know if its actual static electricity, or a computer memory issue, or what. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks. :)

paddington
2010-09-17, 08:31 PM
gonna say winamp is having trouble converting the audio to red book for whatever reason from the format it is in.

I'd really recommend something other than winamp for burning audio CDs... EAC, believe it or not, works well for putting the audio BACK to the CD as well as extracting it.

Unidecker
2010-09-18, 11:36 AM
burn with o.n.e.s :)

starchild31
2010-09-18, 01:12 PM
gonna say winamp is having trouble converting the audio to red book for whatever reason from the format it is in.

I'd really recommend something other than winamp for burning audio CDs... EAC, believe it or not, works well for putting the audio BACK to the CD as well as extracting it.

Thanks for the help. I downloaded EAC, but I'm having trouble using it. Do you have to convert flacs to wavs to use EAC? I don't see how to add flac files i want to burn to cd.

paddington
2010-09-19, 12:26 AM
I cant remember if it will burn flacs directly or not, but you can decode to WAV in about 10 secs with FLAC frontend, if needed.

There is also ONES, which owns Nero.