PDA

View Full Version : I am completly useless

kylethewanders
2005-06-20, 10:24 AM
I have always thought I knew what I am doing on my computer, then I ran into this torrent thing. Even after reading a bunch of FAQ's I still don't know what to do.

I downloaded a few clients and tried it out but I can't seem to get the thing I am looking for, I think I need to find out the URL for the file I am looking for but I don't know how to get that.

If the answer is simple, please, make me feel stupid.

By the way, this is what I am trying to get
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-7215.html

brimstone
2005-06-20, 11:00 AM
That torrent is inactive, I think you will have to ask for a reseed.

TheMamba
2005-06-20, 11:18 AM
Yup, it's inactive.

There's an active Mars Volta show going on here:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8077&highlight=volta

At the bottom of the first post is the .torrent file that you have to download.

Open that file with your BT client, point it where you want it to download to, and you're off to the races.

kylethewanders
2005-06-20, 10:17 PM
ahh yes thank you both, but this one show in montreal in particular is important, I was there, like 5 feet from them and I want to basically relive that moment, I was so close to it, now it is taken away from me! What is this reseed action you speak of?

AAR.oner
2005-06-21, 10:04 AM
you can post a thread in the ISO Audio Bit Torrent forum asking for a reseed of the show...if the show just recently fell off, try asking for a reseed in the actual show's thread you mentioned above.

TheMamba
2005-06-21, 01:03 PM
If there's more then one person interested in downloading the show, I can reseed it.

Otherwise, kyle, I'd be happy to B&P or trade with you. Send me a PM and we can work out details.

kylethewanders
2005-06-22, 07:47 AM
Boo yah, I am starting to get this, I have like 5 things now, but not what I started for yet..

Pretty soon I will be all professional like all you folks

TheMamba
2005-06-22, 08:03 AM
:clap:

Glad to hear you're getting in the swing of things. I replied to your PM as well.

Thing about trading bootlegs is...you get into it to grab something from a band or two and all the sudden you're downloading everything you can get a hold of! It's like a disease.

Ted
2005-06-22, 08:23 AM
Thing about trading bootlegs is...you get into it to grab something from a band or two and all the sudden you're downloading everything you can get a hold of! It's like a disease.Ain't that the truth. I got into it recently and so far it's under control, but some may say I'm in denial :p

Hello, my name is Ted and I'm a tradaholic. I've been downloadless for 3 days now. :lol

AAR.oner
2005-06-22, 09:18 AM
Thing about trading bootlegs is...you get into it to grab something from a band or two and all the sudden you're downloading everything you can get a hold of! It's like a disease.
:clap:

kylethewanders
2005-06-23, 06:39 AM
yeah, I am already infected! this is such a good system.