PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang's Vault

Miles Long
2010-09-01, 08:59 AM
What are thoughts on Wolfgang? I've streamed a couple shows for free now and again, but I was wondering about downloading especially since I've learned they offer a lot of their shows in FLAC.
The prices seem reasonable and I would be willing to buy a couple, could I then trade them with a clear concious? The site states: "All of our FLAC files are encoded from 16 bit/44.1k files."

And then it says you need to get their download manager installed which is fine but they say your downloads are automatically put in your itunes library, but if they're FLAC I obviously have no interest in that.

bluzman
2010-09-01, 02:24 PM
I do DL some flac shows from them... Kinda mixed feelings though as I believe some artists are in litigation with them about royalty money. The flac shows I have from there are lossless.

Personally I think they are bootlegging, but I may be wrong. There is lots on the web about litigation from 2005 to the present.

daddyray
2010-09-01, 02:31 PM
I've grabbed a few things there.. I get a kick out of seeing "newly unearthed" show that we've all had for ages....Like the Dylan n Band sets.

vladsmythe
2012-01-01, 11:46 AM
Are Wolfgang's Vault videos allowed here? Someone told me they have loosened their strict terms of usage policy. :clap:

retired
2012-01-01, 01:11 PM
Nope....aside from being a webcast, which aren't allowed, everything there is copyrighted official material

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/concerts/support/help.html
Do artists get paid when their concerts are played in the Concert Vault? Do they get paid for downloads?

Absolutely. We pay licensing fees for every single track played by every listener to the three major Performance Rights Organizations (PROs) - ASCAP, BMI and SESAC. These payments ultimately go to the performing artists and song publishers. A large percentage of the sales of downloads go directly to performers and song publishers.

....though it is complete bullshit that you can't buy dvds from there, you'd think the place is being run by the same fucking morons at rhino. You can always seed it at McCabe On The Bottom, where stealing from artists is fully encouraged :thumbsup

vladsmythe
2012-01-01, 01:28 PM
All the videos are downloadable, and very useful. The MPEG4 files are easily converted to VOB and re-authored to make pretty nice DVDs. I think they can only be torrented (at sites other than TTD) if a different audio is synched to them. At least that is what someone told me.

vladsmythe
2012-01-01, 01:41 PM
I totally agree, and I would purchase those dvds also...but until that happens, let's just hope that a site with less scruples than TTD will offer them to us. ;)

A New Face In Hell
2012-01-02, 08:01 PM
Always!!!! lol

vladsmythe
2012-01-03, 02:11 PM
Apparently the offending video has been removed. Case closed.