PDA

View Full Version : Inactive Audio Torrents?

hasher79
2010-08-25, 05:05 PM
Is there a FAQ or post somewhere that describes this sites policy for inactive torrents, i.e. for reseed requests or when they may come back around (bumped)? I looked nearly everywhere I could think of here for info pertaining to IATs.:hmm: Any help would be appreciated.

dcbullet
2010-08-25, 06:03 PM
Torrents are removed from the tracker if there are no seeds for 21 days.

Once a torrent is inactive, it can't be bumped because the torrent thread is locked. You can, however, request a show in the ISO forum.

If a torrent thread has not been removed from the tracker but has no seeds, yes, just bump the thread and ask for one.

hasher79
2010-08-25, 06:45 PM
Got it, thanks!

wzbw88
2020-08-30, 12:50 PM
Torrents are removed from the tracker if there are no seeds for 21 days.
I haven't found a more recent statement and apparently this 21 days are not anymore the requirement for a torrent to drop off. It's much longer.
What's the actual procedure?

wzbw88
2021-06-28, 01:27 AM
I haven't found a more recent statement and apparently this 21 days are not anymore the requirement for a torrent to drop off. It's much longer.
What's the actual procedure?
I would really appreciate a comment from a mod about the current procedure to decide when torrents got removed due to inactivity.
It's not a huge problem but I'm monitoring my own uploads and would prefer that after a long time of inactivity they would be removed.
I have torrents showing the red statement for months.

U2Lynne
2021-06-28, 03:37 PM
It is supposed to be 21 days but sometimes I get busy with life and forget to go through and remove them. I did just go through and remove a bunch.

wzbw88
2021-06-28, 04:07 PM
It is supposed to be 21 days but sometimes I get busy with life and forget to go through and remove them. I did just go through and remove a bunch.
Thanks. So previously this was not a manual procedure which could be forgotten, right?

U2Lynne
2021-06-29, 12:19 AM
Thanks. So previously this was not a manual procedure which could be forgotten, right?
It's always been a manual thing.

oxymoron
2021-06-30, 06:52 AM
Oh, our Godmother is speaking :cool: :wave:

I love you, Lynne :love: