PDA

View Full Version : Best software for Mac for creating Matrix recordings?

ohkeepa
2010-07-17, 06:00 PM
I tried out Audacity last night but I didn't really like it that much. It's OK for getting the two files together but I think it lacks a lot for actually editing the audio

any other suggestions?

optiplex2
2010-07-17, 07:18 PM
ive used audacity for all mtx that ive done, it is great. You just need to learn how it works and you can do anything with it, and download thousands of plugins for audacity.

it is probably (imo) the most user friendly audio software to use. You can try abobe audition, nero wav editor, neundo and goldwave. But i recommend audacity

lpmaskman
2010-07-18, 06:05 AM
I think ProTools.:)
...but it's a very professional multi-track software. :D

direwolf-pgh
2010-07-18, 06:20 AM
havent used it since PowerPC days but you might want to check out PEAK/SoundSoap Pro 2

http://www.bias-inc.com/products/

Karst
2010-07-18, 06:58 AM
Yes, Peak 6 might be something you're looking for. I've also been playing around with Reaper. But it all depends on what you are trying to do.

ohkeepa
2010-07-18, 10:05 AM
Thanks. I'm about to try out Peak Pro. Will report back on how well it does. Audacity does seem to do what I need. But I don't like how it does it. For instance when using the plugins, like pitch correction for example, you have to stop the track and apply the correction and then re-listen to see if it was enough. I want to be able to hear what I am doing in realtime I guess

daddyray
2010-07-18, 02:38 PM
I have used Audacity but Bluzman mentioned a better app one time when he n I were working on some messed up ABB stuff..I'll ask him.

ohkeepa
2010-07-18, 06:03 PM
I was trying to lower the treble in one of the recording being used for the matrix and I just didnt like how you had to stop the recording... apply the change to it and then play it again to see if its good or if it needs more correcting. I was just wondering if there is something out there where I could apply that change to the sound while listening at the same time... pretty much looking for the easy way:D

ohkeepa
2010-07-18, 07:29 PM
Hmm. I am using SoundStudio 3 and it doesn't look like it supports FLAC??
Or am I missing something here. I can't open any FLAC files with it

AAR.oner
2010-07-18, 07:46 PM
I've gotten to where I prefer using Ableton Live for most of my audio work...takes a little getting used to interface wise, but tons of features n pro plugins

Other than that I use Peak occasionally or Logic

co9ol
2010-07-19, 03:38 PM
Another bump for Protools!