PDA

View Full Version : How to properly label songs in Itunes OS X

msiegel1
2010-06-23, 08:12 PM
when I DL concerts,most do not have song titles. I have to open a txt file of the setlist and carefully one-by-one edit each line trying to keep the proper order.

Is there a script or a program that helps me add song titles faster/more efficiently/less errors ?

The one who helps me will have me make a donation to this site in THEIR NAME

mike S

New Jersey:)

direwolf-pgh
2010-06-24, 12:27 AM
install boot camp > install windows > install foobar2000 > install Live Show Tagger component

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_tradersfriend

co9ol
2010-06-24, 08:17 AM
That's pretty much the way I do it. After fluke imports them all, highlight them all at once and then add the artist and album name. That brings them into the same album (if you view that way) then go through one by one renaming. Also, if you add in the order under track number, then you don't have to worry about them getting mixed up.

direwolf-pgh
2010-06-25, 02:06 PM
The one who helps me will have me make a donation to this site in THEIR NAME

mike S

New Jersey:) :bump: ..well.

willndmb
2010-06-26, 10:04 PM
you don't need bootcamp or any other pc crap on your mac
do you have xact?
do you know you can also edit most lines at once for a show in itunes?

AAR.oner
2010-06-27, 11:07 AM
you can batch rename in xACT, but to add the actual song titles you'll have to enter them one by one

harpsichord
2010-06-28, 07:10 AM
I use EasyTAG in Linux for some renaming jobs, and it also has a version for Mac. Two ways to get it:
1 - http://easytag.darwinports.com/
2 - http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/easytag

direwolf-pgh
2010-06-28, 08:43 AM
I believe the original question was: can you autotag using a script in OSX.
Live Show Tagger is the only prog/plug-in I've seen that will parse a text file and tag all fields
(thanks again to ep620 for the clue when i was hunting around)

harpsichord
2010-06-28, 09:24 AM
I believe the original question was: can you autotag using a script in OSX.

Believe what you want, but what the original post actually said was: Is there a script or a program that helps me add song titles faster/more efficiently/less errors ?

EasyTAG can batch edit Artist, Album, Disc Album, Year, Genre, Comment, Composer, Original Artist/Performer, Copyright, URL, Encoder name and attached Picture (just select all), and then individually edit track name and number.

I don't see how having more options to choose from is a bad thing. but you may think differently.

R I F.

direwolf-pgh
2010-06-28, 09:42 AM
EasyTAG can batch edit Artist, Album, Disc Album, Year, Genre, Comment, Composer, Original Artist/Performer, Copyright, URL..
I don't see how having more options to choose from is a bad thing. but you may think differently.EasyTag sounds a wonderful option, but would you not agree that all tagging programs offer that batch feature.
the difference with Live Show Tagger is that it will number and tag the individual tracks via the text file that accompanies every live show we download.
some may enjoy filling out those track fields individually :) others may think different

which, I believe, is the point of this thread:
Originally Posted by msiegel1
Is there a script or a program that helps me add song titles faster/more efficiently/less errors ?