PDA

View Full Version : PAL to NTSC Conversion Help

Shadesofcraig
2010-06-07, 03:54 AM
I just converted the MTV Slash video which was in PAL to NTSC with this program I have called Replay Converter. It converted and burned it all in the same program. Now I didn't get to see the PAL version, but this NTSC conversion was a bit pixelated at times but definitely very watchable and the sound was very good. Just in case anyone else has the same trouble as I do watching PAL videos, just thought I would throw that out there, I know I have seen a few posts asking about this.

stoner
2010-06-07, 08:43 AM
converting will reincode. Quality drops... If you still have the orriginal ck it out on your PC or MAC. A player that will play both formats is CHEAP and probably available close to your home. I have bought players from discount stores in the Det. area to give to friends. Clue - buy one and try. If it don't work take it back. NEVER recode - not worth it....

sanpablobay
2010-06-07, 09:46 AM
go to wal-mart. buy a panasonic dvd player for around $45. no more problems watching PAL dvds.

daddyray
2010-06-07, 10:39 AM
order a cheap PAL player asap.

Shadesofcraig
2010-06-07, 11:17 AM
Well I can tell you this, where I live, you can't find a cheap PAL player, not at any of the stores I have been too anyway. My all region player will not play PAL videos, so this was an easy solution and it worked okay enough for me.

Thulani
2010-06-07, 11:41 AM
Use the Internet. Is much cheaper than your local store.

Homebrew101
2010-06-07, 11:44 AM
Well I can tell you this, where I live, you can't find a cheap PAL player, not at any of the stores I have been too anyway. My all region player will not play PAL videos, so this was an easy solution and it worked okay enough for me.

I bought a $35 Philips on Amazon.com - it even up converts to 1080i :thumbsup

sanpablobay
2010-06-07, 12:53 PM
I bought a $35 Philips on Amazon.com - it even up converts to 1080i :thumbsup

yes, i meant philips not panasonic.

and who doesn't have a wal-mart near them these days?

stoner
2010-06-07, 01:03 PM

Of course I don't know where you live. I bought players from Aldi's for under $25, not only will it play most anything it will output in PAL or NTSC. Dollar General has had Dvd players that will play PAL or NTSC. You've got to look but generally look at the cheapest, you will be suprised. I too didn't think it was worth looking.
PS - Don't ask for PAL, people will think you're a creep!!

daddyray
2010-06-07, 02:21 PM
I got one I like offa amazon