PDA

View Full Version : My share ratio is disappearing?

Lightnin'
2010-06-06, 10:53 AM
I haven't download anything from here in a while. Last week I had a ratio of 1.14. Then overnight it dropped to 1.11, and I didn't download anything new, but the night before I noticed a torrent I had downloaded about a year ago in the downloading portion of my tracker, and when I woke up the next day it said I was firewalled. I've never seen this firewalled thing before and it was gone the next time I came to the site. Over the course of the week my ratio went back up to 1.12 and now this morning it is back at 1.11.

What's up with that?

direwolf-pgh
2010-06-06, 11:21 AM
there have been rare occasions of this/something similar before.
identical shows seeding at different private trackers were bridged by a user(s) torrent client.

..or you could be hallucinating.

Lightnin'
2010-06-06, 11:32 AM
identical shows seeding at different private trackers were bridged by a user(s) torrent client.

I wish I was Hallucinating

direwolf-pgh
2010-06-06, 11:43 AM
.. but the night before I noticed a torrent I had downloaded about a year ago in the downloading portion of my trackerexplain more, please.

sharing out a personalized torrent file to others would affect your ratio.

paddington
2010-06-06, 12:05 PM
Yes, it is either Wolf suggestion #1 or Wolf suggestion #2.

a tracker is tracking with your user ID hash, somewhere. Whoever is using the file, is not seeding back much and is firewalled.

Thulani
2010-06-06, 01:05 PM
C'mon stop playing games. Give the poor kid ratio back.

rspencer
2010-06-06, 01:44 PM

Nice ratio.

paddington
2010-06-06, 01:47 PM
C'mon stop playing games. Give the poor kid ratio back.

Take it easy, man. We're watching it to see what happens.. if anything further does. He's down 0.03 ... he'll get it back.

Lightnin'
2010-06-06, 02:33 PM
I'm not to worried about the ratio itself, but the fact that something is up with it is kinda unnerving

U2Lynne
2010-06-06, 02:44 PM
If you see yourself listed as downloading a show again, try hitting the Report this Post button on the show and ask the Mods to grab the IP of your user.

Also, if you want, I can reset your passkey. However, if I do that, then you would have to redownload any torrent file you may want to use to upload a show with again.

Thulani
2010-06-06, 03:53 PM
Take it easy, man. We're watching it to see what happens.. if anything further does. He's down 0.03 ... he'll get it back.
I was joking man.

Shadesofcraig
2010-06-06, 04:08 PM
not the same, but I have had torrents that said no one was leeching them, and yet I was still uploading it to no one.. Why does that happen? Even if I shut it off and turn it back on, it starts seeding to no one again... Odd..

jabulon
2010-06-06, 04:14 PM
could it be that those torrents in question aren't flagged as private torrents?

U2Lynne
2010-06-06, 08:59 PM
not the same, but I have had torrents that said no one was leeching them, and yet I was still uploading it to no one.. Why does that happen? Even if I shut it off and turn it back on, it starts seeding to no one again... Odd..

could it be that those torrents in question aren't flagged as private torrents?
That would be my guess, too. We don't require the torrents here to be private, although it is recommended in the FAQ.

Lightnin'
2010-06-06, 09:01 PM
The torrent was a DVD of Eric Clapton with Bonnie and Delaney. I deleted it because I paniced and half asleep, so I can't specify the exact one. But I know it was complete because I burned a DVD for my step dad and It played fine.

harpsichord
2010-06-07, 10:35 AM
DHT will sometimes connect to 'invisible' leechers (as in, not registered members), and some torrents here are in fact NOT marked as private. That Delaney & Bonnie torrent has been around a long time, I'm sure it's been uploaded to public trackers before.