PDA

View Full Version : how to increase the upload rate?

onkelz
2010-06-05, 06:21 AM
Hi im new on this page and i am downloadging atm with about 300 kb/s

but why my upload rate is just 1 kb/S????

that cant be it...

in utorrent it says tat i allow all upload ther is no limit :/

what can i do know??

please help me..

jabulon
2010-06-05, 06:56 AM
the tracker is registering you as being firewalled, see for info:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_port_forwarding

and there aren't many members (leechers) on them as well.

onkelz
2010-06-06, 01:13 PM
well, i see the problem, but i can't get on to the router because my dad don't like that :S

can i change something at my computer that the upload rate get higher?

sorry for my bad english i'm german..

AAR.oner
2010-06-06, 01:25 PM
make sure yer upload speed is set to unlimited in yer bt client

but you'll need to forward the proper ports [as assigned in yer bt client] on both the comp's firewall AND the router...other wise no, not much will change in regards to speed

onkelz
2010-06-06, 01:33 PM
hm okay, can you tell me the ports i have to change?

or where can i look them up?

jabulon
2010-06-06, 02:57 PM
well, i see the problem, but i can't get on to the router because my dad don't like that :S

A: listen to your dad and do nothing or..
B: wait until he is gone and do some experimenting yourself..

if B (or ask him)

can i change something at my computer that the upload rate get higher?

read this faq http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_port_forwarding and if that doesn't help you, do some reading in the Technobabble (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4) section of this site, you can find a lot of info there.

hm okay, can you tell me the ports i have to change?

or where can i look them up?

like AAR.oner said the ports have to be proper forwarded. If you use uTorrent you can find your port number etc. under options - preferences. Under options - speedguide you can test if your port is forwarded properly.

BTW may you can better post about this in the Technobabble section (or a mod should move this thread)

AAR.oner
2010-06-06, 03:59 PM
i'll move this thread to Technobabble :thumbsup

onkelz:
what bt client do you use?

Thulani
2010-06-06, 04:01 PM
Just tell your dad p2p is not evil and you need to forward a port on the router.

onkelz
2010-06-07, 06:44 AM
okay first -> thanks for the many replies, helped me a lot to understand this !

and i am using uTorrent, don't know if it's good or not oO

uninvited94
2010-06-07, 12:05 PM
Assuming that this user is German-native (just a thought...given the username...), he might as well PM me. In German. :thumbsup

"Fabranntes Flaaaisch...Dunkelhaaait...dann helles Licht...es is soweiiiiiiiit!!"

onkelz
2010-06-07, 01:08 PM
okay, i sended you a message, hope you get it & write back :S

commander_hg
2010-06-07, 01:23 PM
Why are you a german?

onkelz
2010-06-07, 01:30 PM
why not? oO

uninvited94
2010-06-07, 01:32 PM
Ich ahne, worauf das jetzt wieder hinausläuft, Kömmander...er is noch neu und unschuldig. Noch mehr polnische Schlauchtitten bzw. Vergleiche zwischen dem deutschen Moderator und Hitler sind nicht unbedingt nötig.

Okay, polnische Schläuche darfst Du, wenn Du unbedingt mußt.

onkelz
2010-06-08, 12:21 PM
Okay, i looked up the ports and allowed them in the router but the upload is just at 40 kb/s. It's better but not so high, instead the download can be up to 700 kb/s .

Hope i don't get banned :/ I try seeding as much as I can...

AAR.oner
2010-06-08, 12:39 PM
thats normal speeds for DSL or similar

my average down is approx 600kB/s and up is 50kb/s max...you should have no problem keeping a decent ratio and we don't enforce any ratio minimums so you won't get banned...just leave yer torrents running until you've u/led the same amount you d/led

onkelz
2010-06-08, 01:00 PM
okay, thank you =)

mrpete
2010-06-08, 04:27 PM
What is your OS / BitTorrent client version / router model number / firewall version?

If you cannot configure the router ports you might consider using a BitTorrent client that supports uTP. On MS Windows that is uTorrent v2/v1.9. On Linux that is KTorrent v4. uTP is a new communications method. Many times uTP can allow you to communicate well even if you are "firewalled."

http://www.datensatz.de/utorrent-2-0-brings-performance-updates-bandwidth-control-udp-support-and-more.html

"uTP in this version has added its own form of STUN, a method of getting incoming connections without direct connectivity to the Internet. This allows µTorrent to punch holes through routers and firewalls to increase connectivity and improve speeds. It is even possible to connect two firewalled peers through uTP's NAT traversal feature."

What is not mentioned above is that both BitTorrent clients must support uTP. Currently only uTorrent and KTorrent properly support uTP. I believe that more clients will support it before 2011.

... but do try to open up your ports first.

rspencer
2010-06-08, 05:40 PM
700 down & 40 up is not bad. That's what I was getting on cable not too long ago.