PDA

View Full Version : Talk Talk/Tiscali/Torrents uk users

rich
2010-05-31, 05:36 AM
in the last few days i have tried to down load a few torrents, one from the traders den the other dime. i have not had any issues with using torrents in the past.

when i open through bit tornado i connect, it shows the seeders but it does not download.

now i know last week the ofcom in the released guidance on file sharing.

so is it connected. any other uk users having trouble if so what isp are you on..if not again which isp are you on.

cheers

PJayBe
2010-05-31, 07:58 AM
I'm Tiscali, and no problems here.

Philip

rich
2010-05-31, 08:06 AM
what torrent program do you use. i have bit tornado usually but no joy with that. tried u torrent works ok on download speed upload is about 0.5.

also do u use over night or through the day also

cheers

U2Lynne
2010-05-31, 09:30 AM
what torrent program do you use. i have bit tornado usually but no joy with that. tried u torrent works ok on download speed upload is about 0.5.
That may be normal for you. My upload speed is about 1/8th what my download speed is capable of.

rich
2010-05-31, 09:52 AM
That may be normal for you. My upload speed is about 1/8th what my download speed is capable of.

no it is usually around 4. so it has dropped quite a bit.

someone on another forum has been having the same issue. it seems to improve late evening so i will try tonight.

PJayBe
2010-05-31, 09:53 AM

also do u use over night or through the day also

cheers

I use UTorrent, and tend to leave the PC running pretty much all the time. Tend to hit 600 as a max fopr downloading, with 40 - 50 as a max for yploading.

Philip

rich
2010-05-31, 10:43 AM
I use UTorrent, and tend to leave the PC running pretty much all the time. Tend to hit 600 as a max fopr downloading, with 40 - 50 as a max for yploading.

Philip

so what isp are you with and are you in uk.

PJayBe
2010-05-31, 10:49 AM
so what isp are you with and are you in uk.

Tiscali / UK

Philip

rich
2010-05-31, 05:25 PM
Tiscali / UK

Philip

tiscali are no more. they are now talk talk!!

seems to be ok with u torrent...