PDA

View Full Version : How do I improve my ratio.

jonesdecor
2010-04-07, 01:23 PM
Sorry to ask what is probably really obvious,but how do I improve my ratio. I am worried that I will be shut out of what is a cool place to be. All help will be appreciated.

Thanks Bob.(newbie)

schnittstelle
2010-04-07, 02:12 PM
Jump early on popular torrents and seed them for a long time, dedicate all your bandwidth to that one torrent... and the best tip of them all: start uploading your own shares. ;)

tay666
2010-04-07, 04:36 PM
start uploading your own shares. ;)

That is the best way to do it.

Thulani
2010-04-07, 04:49 PM
Fake sharing.

Drgiggles1
2010-04-07, 06:21 PM
If you have slow DSL or live on this planet where they have crappy ISP services than it can be difficult. With cable modem it is fairly easy and quick to boost the ratio. I know first hand before i upped my service from Verizon DSL to cable modem (best option available). With DSL i struggled just to keep a .70 ratio. Now its almost 2:1 thanks to cable. Good advise given from above by schnittstelle...

dementrium
2010-04-07, 07:12 PM
Sorry to ask what is probably really obvious,but how do I improve my ratio. I am worried that I will be shut out of what is a cool place to be. All help will be appreciated.

Thanks Bob.(newbie)

Don't worry. One day you'll get bored of downloading and you'll be (mainly) uploading.

bot
2010-04-07, 08:17 PM
who cares :lmao: steal a bunch of stuff and create a new user

lordsmurf
2010-04-08, 02:26 AM
Bribe the admin? :p

mrpete
2010-04-09, 06:11 PM
I agree with all the positive things that have been said here by others, but something has been left out.

You need to be connectable. If you're not then you can't do a very good job of feeding the community and that's how you raise your ratio. For a starting point on ports, etc. see the post by U2Lynne at the URL below.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42590

Also, leaving you computer on all weekend seeding can help ... unless your only computer is a laptop. It would help your ratio, but might not be so good for the laptop.

tay666
2010-04-09, 07:27 PM
With cable modem it is fairly easy and quick to boost the ratio.

Really?
I'm on cable. I have excellent download speeds, but my upload sucks.
Think I am capped at somewhere between 30-50 KB/s
I generally just have to seed forever to keep my ratio in places I download,

swissy
2010-04-22, 12:33 PM
Really?
I'm on cable. I have excellent download speeds, but my upload sucks.
Think I am capped at somewhere between 30-50 KB/s
I generally just have to seed forever to keep my ratio in places I download,

This looks like you are firewalled. I am on cable modem as well. In addition to that you should have a router for the actual internet connection which your computer is connnected to physicall o via WLAN. In either case you may have to forward the port of the torrent program you are using. Under http://portforward.com/ you may be able to find some help on how to do it