PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Speed Help

Erdnase
2010-03-15, 04:21 PM
Whenever I download torrents from here, they start going really fast, usually around 1-2 MB/s, but then within a couple minutes, it drops to about 5-10 KB/s. Same thing happens when I'm seeding; I can upload at around 400KB/s but it just stops connecting to the downloaders. When downloading, I'll originally be connected to maybe, 40 out of 90 peers, but then it'll go down to 2-3 of 90 peers. A couple times I've gotten the message FIREWALLED on here, but after I reopened my torrent client, the error went away.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'd love to help out the community by seeding a lot, but I just have trouble connecting.

Thanks,
Matt

Thulani
2010-03-15, 06:15 PM
I think you describe a normal thing if you're one of those people who download a torrent immediately after it has been uploaded on the tracker. Not many people have great upload speed so it's a normal thing that at a certain moment the download speed to go down.

Grab a torrent with 20-30 seeders and see if is happening the same phenomenon with your download speed. Also, the last version of utorrent is favoring connections with users using the same software. So if you use other torrent client expect to see slower speeds.

Erdnase
2010-03-15, 08:10 PM
I think you describe a normal thing if you're one of those people who download a torrent immediately after it has been uploaded on the tracker. Not many people have great upload speed so it's a normal thing that at a certain moment the download speed to go down.

Grab a torrent with 20-30 seeders and see if is happening the same phenomenon with your download speed. Also, the last version of utorrent is favoring connections with users using the same software. So if you use other torrent client expect to see slower speeds.

Just hopped on one of the recent Phish DVDs with 90 something seeders. I'm going at 100KB/s. Something's not right.