PDA

View Full Version : Bit Torrent Question

nWo4Life
2010-02-21, 01:14 PM
Hello, I am using Bittorrent 6.4 and it seems that when I download a bit torrent it gets an error that the file is being used by another application. I would guess this happens when I am in idle, not really sure. Is there any way to fix this? I would leave my computer and come back to see the error and have to start it again

rspencer
2010-02-21, 05:17 PM
I've seen this occasionally with utorrent. I find it's happened when the folder that I download to (for example "downloads") is open & I'm using another sub-directory within it. Say, I'm downloading show A to "downloads" while I'm listening to show B which is also in "downloads." Usually, stopping & restarting the torrent fixes it immediately.

nWo4Life
2010-02-21, 08:43 PM
I get "Error: Access Denied" / "Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Error: Access Denied can be caused by numerous things. The most common cause seems to be Google and MSN Desktop. A possible fix is turn off the indexing feature, or to uninstall them. Excluding the download folders from indexing should work.
The best solution is to uninstall Google/MSN Desktop.

WinZIP Quickfind has the same effect as Google/MSN Desktop. It must be disabled.

This is from the FAQ

If I had my Zune program in the background which has ties to the Download section, which this cause it?

nWo4Life
2010-02-21, 08:49 PM
This is terrible, I can't seem to figure out what the other process is that is ruining the torrent, I have only recently began to have this problem with torrents

rspencer
2010-02-21, 09:01 PM
If I had my Zune program in the background which has ties to the Download section, which this cause it?

I'd say that's possible. As I pointed out in my own experience, anything accessing the same directory might be the cause. Try shutting that down.

nWo4Life
2010-02-21, 10:00 PM
I wish it would tell me what program is causing the files to be active again, its pissing me off

keeps doing it

nWo4Life
2010-02-21, 10:51 PM
I cant find what the other process is that is causing the problems, I only have this problem with Demenoid stuff

dcbullet
2010-02-22, 12:12 AM
reboot

Thulani
2010-02-22, 06:14 AM
Right I can't remember a program that can show what program is using a folder except Unlocker (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Unlocker.shtml). Try it out.

nWo4Life
2010-02-22, 09:52 AM
I give up on Bit Torrent, I can't fix the problem