PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Illustrator Questions

reldnah2cb
2010-01-17, 09:43 AM
Hi!

I have some *.ai and *.eps files. They are supposed to be vector graphics with transparent backgrounds so the images can be resized. Problem is when I open them up in photoshop cs3, some of the images have a beige background and some are transparent.

if i get adobe illustrator and open the beige background images up, will they have transparent backgrounds?

Can I then save them in psd with illustrator?

Thanks!
d

optiplex2
2010-01-18, 04:37 PM
no, it should open fine in illustrator. To open in photoshop you have to import it to photoshop or save it as a PDF and enable layers. Then open the PDF in photoshop and you should be good to go.

you must have the full version of adobe reader/acrobat in order to do this, i dont think the free one will work

reldnah2cb
2010-01-19, 05:21 PM
no, it should open fine in illustrator. To open in photoshop you have to import it to photoshop or save it as a PDF and enable layers. Then open the PDF in photoshop and you should be good to go.

you must have the full version of adobe reader/acrobat in order to do this, i dont think the free one will work

aaaaaaaaahhhhh. well, looks like I need to download and install trial version :(

thanks for the reply! :wave: